Chapter 12.

Damn it! I accidentally spilt the milk on the counter. Everything was going wrong today.

First, when I went for the shower I applied the conditioner before the shampoo and I had to do the whole process again.

Then while exiting the bathroom I slipped on the floor injuring my leg. My right leg was still aching.

I cleaned the countertop and started to pour milk in the bowl for scarlet and put some cereal. and made myself a coffee. Today I really needed it the most.

"Here you go." I put the bowl in front of her and sat on the dining table. Mom had gone for work so now it's only her and me. I wanted to discuss about dad.

"Scarlet do you miss dad," I stated straight to the point. I don't mention about me sneaking in her room or the drawing book. She doesn't like that.

Her hazel eyes widened as if I had asked the question that was burning in her mind for so long.

But she shook her head denying. "No, I have you and mom." She said. She was lying I know. She doesn't want mom to worry. Sometimes I wonder how can a six-year-old girl be so thoughtful.

I got up and sat beside her." Scarlet you don't have to lie to me. And this will be between you and me." I said to her and smiled.

She looked down at her bowl of cereal than at me."I wish I had a dad Ava. I have only seen him in photo's with you and Daniel."

There were still pictures of me and Daniel with dad in the living room. We never talked about it but couldn't take it down. Weird I know.

"I miss him too."

"I miss him the most when other students dad picks them up from school or when there is a father-daughter race on sports day." She said in her fragile little tone.

"Don't worry Scar, I will see what I can do."

Her face lightened." That means you are gonna find him."

I nodded" Yes, I will try to talk to him. I can't guarantee that anytime soon. No promises, okay?" She squeezed me in her tiny arms.

"You are the best sister in the world." She said happily. I don't know how I am going to do it. For Scarlet, I have to. Talking with Dan about this might help.

●●●

"Earth to Ava." Zachary waved his hands in front of me.

"Huh? What."

"Were you even paying attention. Now I have to explain it all over again." He grumbled.

"Sorry, please explain the energy part again." I held the pencil to write down the notes.

"Wait a minute." he took my pencil in his hand.

"Is anything bothering you. You don't look like your usual self."

We were doing our physics homework together after school. Matt had been on my mind the whole time. He hasn't been responding to any of my talks properly for the last three days.

I don't want to be one of those girlfriends that ties their boyfriends on a leash. So I didn't argue much.

He was still upset with me about the incident that happened at the place.

They were having a match in 2 weeks with the rivalry team of Waybright highschool. Matt didn't bother to even tell me about the match.

"Why do you care." It came out harsher than I intended. His whole expression became stoic.

"No, I don't care." He said in his cold voice. And started doing his homework. Shit! He was just worried about me. And now I had released all of my anger on him.