Chapter 35: What is Happening

"You... Nonsense!"

Seeing the crowd breaking out into a commotion, cold sweat drips down from manager Wu's forehead. He grits his teeth and bellows.

He must not admit to it now. The moment he does, Hongtian Pavilion's reputation will be ruined, and his future will be gone with it as well.

If only he knew that this teacher is a gourmet, he would have never agreed to Shang Bin's request even if he was beaten to death!

"You are claiming that what I said was nonsense?" Zhang Xuan glances at him.

"Indeed. You said that these dishes are imitations, but you don't have evidence to back up your claim. Without evidence, your words are nonsense. Do you think that I wouldn't dare to have you arrested for the crime of slander?" Manager Wu says ferociously.

"Evidence? You want evidence? Fine!"

Seeing how this fellow is adamant to push on, Zhang Xuan shakes his head.

Initially, he didn't want to pursue the matter any further. After all, Shen Bi Ru is the one treating, so it doesn't matter to him how much the dishes cost. However, who knew that this fellow would stubbornly claim that he was slandering them. Since that is the case, Zhang Xuan is resolute to prevent him from getting away scot-free.

"I have already provided the evidence of the few dishes before. Everyone can inspect their food carefully based on the unique traits that I have just brought up! Of course, it's okay if he is reluctant to acknowledge it. After all, even if you all know all these, some gourmets will still find it difficult to distinguish between them, needless to say, the rest of you! However..."

Zhang Xuan surveys the surroundings before casually lifting up the most expensive bottle of wine on the table up and declares, "Everyone would be able to easily discern the authenticity of this bottle of wine!"

"Discern its authenticity? "Drunk Immortal" is the specialty of Hongtian Pavilion! This is a fact known by everyone. Many people specially made the trip here just for the wine. Are you trying to say that the wine is fake as well?"

A customer can't resist asking.

"Indeed, Drunk Immortal is the trademark of Hongtian Pavilion, so surely it can't be faked? If this turns out to be an imitation as well, I doubt that there can be anything real in here!"

Another customer speaks up.

The wine that was offered to Zhang Xuan's table previously is called Drunk Immortal and its sale is exclusive to Hongtian Pavilion. The wine is rich, delicious and has an exquisite fragrance! This wine played a crucial role to the current reputation and scale of Hongtian Pavilion!

If even this wine turns out to be an imitation... That would be going way overboard!

"I've already said that it would be easy to discern it!"

As though he had expected the crowd to doubt his words, Zhang Xuan simply responds with a faint smile and raises the bottle. "The words [Drunk Immortal] are written on the cover of the bottle. If this is truly the Drunk Immortal from [Hundred Well Brewery], it would indeed be worth 1200 gold coins!"

"But it is a pity that the bottle is filled with [Green Crag Brew] from [Purple Bamboo Gazebo]. These two wines are similar in terms of their scent and their texture. However, the former is brewed using the valuable and rare Rooted Earth Grass and Green Cicada Heart Leaf and it nourishes the body when drunk. On the other hand, if one drinks too much of the Green Crag Brew, the venom from the Fallen Floral Grass would attack one's heart and lungs. Over time, the function of one's organs will deteriorate, causing one's cultivation to fall rapidly, thus ending their lives tragically!"