Bath

Alice had just returned from the farm three days ago. In those three days, everything had returned to normal, and everyone was happy again.

Alice had moved in with them, She made up with FP and they were officially trying to make it work, and they had all of their kids with them, even Charles.

The day had turned into night, Alice had made them a wonderful dinner and was just about to start the dishes when two arms snaked around her waist.

"Let me do the dishes." He whispers in her ear, embracing her tightly.

She chuckles lowly. "I've got the dishes, wouldn't wanna get those pretty little hands dirty."

He laughs as he turns her around to pepper kisses all over her face. "FP, stop it." She giggles.

"You've been on your feet all day, babe. Why don't you go relax and take a bath?" He suggests, placing his hands on her hips.

"I will, after I do the dishes." She winks at him, attempting to turn back around to face the sink but fails.

"Alice, go take a bath. I'll do the dishes, it's not your job to do them all the time." His face softens, rubbing her sides gently.

She smiles. "If you insist." She pecks a sweet kiss on his lips before making her way upstairs.

She ran the bath, making it a bubble bath as she placed some body soap in there. She added a few bath salts as the hot water slowly filled the tub.

She discarded herself of her clothes, and looked at the water filled tub. She gulped, the flashback of almost being drowned filling her head.

She quickly shook it off, and got into the tub slowly. She let out a sigh of relief once her body was finally fully underwater without any problems.

FP had finished the dishes quickly and made his way up to their bedroom to get ready for bed. He noticed that Alice actually got in the bath, as he could here the faucet running. He smiled, knowing she was finally relaxing after the hell she was put through.

He decided to just wait for her to get out, so he sat on their bed and started to play a game on his phone.

She felt like she had relaxed long enough and decided it was time to get out. The water had turned cold so she lazily turned the hot water on again, before grabbing the shampoo bottle.

She poured some into her hand and massages it into her hair. She took a breath before dipping her head under the water to wash out the shampoo.

She closed her eyes, and all she could see was her baptism day. Polly, her own daughter, holding her under the water, even as she attempted to get out of her grasp.

She felt trapped again, she couldn't breath. All she could hear was the faucet running, which overwhelmed her immensely.

She emerged from the water with a gasp, breathing heavily. Tears started streaming down her face as she frantically tried to get out of the tub. She slipped as she attempted to walk and fell to the ground.

Fp's head snapped up to the door, and his eyebrows crinkle in confusion. "Al, are you okay in there?"

He's met with a loud cry. He shoots up from the bed immediately, running to the locked door, banging on it as he tried to get her to open it up.

"Alice- Al, please open the door." He pleads, tears threatening to fall.

The door swings open to reveal a distraught Alice in a robe, clutching her chest as she breathes heavily. FP immediately wraps her in his arms, whispering soft loving words in her ear to calm her down.

"Shhhh, shhhh. You're okay, I'm here." He soothes her, tracing circles on her lower back.

He didn't know how long he had held her before she had calmed down, but all he heard was sniffles so he decided to ask her what happened.

"Come on." He whispered, gently walking her towards the bed.

They lay there together, cuddled up in each others arms as FP decides how to start the conversation.

He tilts her chin up so she'll meet his eyes, when he sees the pain behind her bright blue orbs, he tears up .

"What happened in there, Al?" He caresses her cheek softly, causing her to shut her eyes tightly.

"Hey, just breath, breath for me." He whispers, and she does.

"When-when I was undercover, I had to do this baptism so I could finally meet Edgar." She takes a shaky breath before continuing.

"So I went under for awhile, but when I couldn't breathe anymore I tried to get back up but-but I couldn't." Tears had made their way down her face again.

"Polly was holding me under, and I was trying to get out of her grasp, I was trying so hard, but I-I couldn't do it." She chokes on her words.

"Al." He sighs, embracing her tighter.

"If it weren't for Betty showing up and saving me, I would've died. I would've drowned, in my own daughter's hands." She shakes her head in an attempt to take away all the pain.

"Bastard's lucky he's dead." He practically growls, tracing patterns on her lower back.

She cringes at the thought of shooting him, but pushes those thoughts away as she looks back up at FP.

"But, that-that's just what happened in there. I had a little panic attack as I put my head under to wash out my shampoo." She admits, wiping a stray tear.

"Oh, Alice. If I would've known I would've never suggested you to take a bath. I would've gotten in there with you." He feels guilty, pushing her to get in there.

"No, baby, it's not your fault." She caresses his cheek. "I didn't think that stuff affected me that much, but I guess it did." She sighs.

"Well, I'm proud of you, you know?" He tells her, and her eyes brows crinkle.

"You are?"

"Yeah, I'm so incredibly proud of how brave you were throughout the entire investigation." She blushes. "You saved so many people, including your own daughter, and looked hot while doing it." She playfully swats his shoulder.

"But, Alice, if you get scared, or panic attacks or anything, I'm here to help you. Don't hide it from me, okay?" He cocks an eyebrow.

"I don't want to be a burden."

"You aren't. You are my girlfriend, and I love you so very much. I'm here to pick you up if you need me." He watches her beam.

"I love you, so much." She breathes out, pulling him into a long kiss.

They breathlessly pull away, and he smiles that goofy grin of his causing her heart to swell.

"How about we both get in that bath to finish washing your hair?" He suggests.

"Just wash my hair?" She smirks at him.

"Hey, if there's a hot, wet, naked woman in there, I might not be able to help myself." He defends, causing her to giggle.

"Come on, ill put some more bubbles in." He smiles, tugging her into the bathroom with him.

She bites her lip to stifle a grin. This man was so perfect, and she couldn't wait to be with him for the rest of her life.