RIVW

This takes place a few weeks after the whole farm case was over. For the sake of the story, let's just pretend that Alice didn't get a job at RIVW until after the farm. Enjoy, xoxo.

- - - -

Alice was awoken by FP's sweet voice. "Time to wake up, sleeping beauty." He smiles as he places the breakfast he had made her on a tray, on the bed.

She grinned widely at the sight. "What in the world is this?"

"Well, somebody has earned a little breakfast in bed today." He smirks, leaning down to connect their lips.

"Well, thank you, but what's the occasion?" She caresses his cheek.

"Are you kidding me? Babe, it's your first day at your new job." He explains excitedly, causing her to giggle.

"After today, you will officially be Riverdale's hottest news broadcaster-" she laughs. "/love of my life. I am so proud of you." He looks at her lovingly.

"Thank you." She smiles, connecting their lips once again.

"Eat your breakfast, Al. I know you hate it when your bacon gets cold." He places the tray over her knees.

"Will you sit with me?" She asks taking a bite of her bacon.

"Where else would I rather be?" He winks, climbing in next to her.

- - - -

Although Alice was a natural, she had to admit that she was pretty nervous. She had never imagined getting this job after the farm case had basically thrown every good opportunity for her out the window. Nonetheless, she was so very grateful, and so excited.

She took a deep breath before strutting through the door with a smile. She walks to the receptionist's desk and smiles.

"Hi, Alice Smith. I'm here to meet with Russel today."

"Yes, I see you're right on time. I'll bring you to his office." She politely replied, leading her to the man in charge.

She motioned for her to go in to his office, and Alice thanked her before her eyes landed on Russel. He had to be at least ten years older than her, but still never lost his charms.

"Hi, I'm Alice Smith, lovely to meet you." She extends her hand, and he accepts it with a smile.

"Russel Dickerson, likewise." He scans her body, making Alice quite uncomfortable.

"I'm here to talk about the position that opened up." She takes a seat and he does the same.

She finds it weird that he sits beside her instead of behind his desk, but she wasn't there to judge. Maybe he just didn't want her to feel nervous.

"Yes, yes. We'd really love to have you here with us, we've heard a lot about you." He smirks, and she raises her eyebrows.

"All good, I hope?"

"Most definitely." He leans in closer, causing her to shift in discomfort.

She clears her throat. "Is there something you wanted to specifically talk about?"

"No, no. Just wanted to meet you, make sure you were to our liking." He responds.

There was something off about this guy, and she didn't like it. The way he was acting so school boyish was making her extremely uncomfortable. But, she didn't want to ruin her chance of getting the job, so she just hoped he didn't mean anything by it.

"Well, I hope you do. I have some articles I wrote for the Register when I was employed there. I could give them to you right now if you'd-" she's cut off with his lips meeting hers.