Chapter 24

// Awe ♡ Tames all day. //

.

.

.

James's POV

"What the hell?!" I yelled, when I heard the line go dead.

"He hung up, didn't he?" Tom asked, whilst shaking his head. I nodded, and felt more frustrated than ever. "Hey maybe we can go to-" Tom started saying, turning the ID over. "Robs' house." He said, reading it.

"Who the hell is Rob, though?"

"I don't know, I just found his ID laying on the coffee table." Tom said, shrugging.

"I don't really care, anymore. Let's go home."

"And give up on Anne?" Tom mentioned, staring at me wide eyed. Too much is in my mind, at the moment. I'm not thinking straight.

"No. I'm never going to give up on Anne." I said, staring at him with no emotion. "I just need some time to think." I continued, as I saw Tom nodding understandingly.

"I got you, mate." He said, pulling me out towards the front door. I sighed when I came out, looking at the broken pieces of Annes' phone, scattered all over the pavement.

"Where's Anne?" Jesse yelled from his car. I honestly want to stab myself, right now. I can't take this.

"She isn't here." Tom said, entering through the back. I opened the passenger seat, and sat down harshly, crossing my arms. "Let's just go home."

"And leave Anne? Sorry guys, but I'm going to keep looking for her-"

"We're not leaving her. We just need time to think!" I spat, glaring at Jesse. Don't they know how much Anne means to me? I would be a complete jerk if I left her. Jesse nodded, whilst rolling his eyes as he pulled out the driveway.

"So." Tom spoke up, from the back. I turned around, facing him, as I shot him a genuine smile. Seems like he's my only true friend here, excluding the rest of the lads. They're all my brothers.

"So what?" Jesse said, looking at him from the rear view mirror, as I started at him blankly.

"Uh, eyes on the road, Jesse." I said, stating the obvious. Is he trying to make us die here?

"You know what, I've had enough of you." He said, facing me. "All I've been doing here, is trying to be nice to you guys. And you guys think it's alright for you guys to just push me around. What did I exactly do to deserve this?" He said, breathing heavily after.

"Eh, sorry. I didn't know you felt that way."

"Not you, Tom. Everybody, except James, have been nice to me. Are you jealous that Anne likes me more than you or something?" He asked, first facing Tom, then turning to me.

"What?! No!" I yelled, frowning. "I don't even care about who she likes, or how she feels!" I continued, pushing Jesse a bit.

"You don't care about how she feels, huh?" He said, narrowing his eyes.

"Uh, wrong choice of words." I corrected, realizing what I said. I feel like i'm not smart at all.

"If you really care about her, than why aren't you doing anything? If I was in your position, I would do anything to get to her." He muttered, his eyes tearing up. Jesse coughed, and starting blinking, then turned to Tom. "You guys didn't find any clues, to anything?"

"We found an ID?" Tom said, unsure. What can a useless ID do for us?

"Does it have an address behind it?"

"Yeah, 3267 Woodward Dr."

"And you guys are telling me this now, because?" Jesse said, snickering. "Alright, Tom you calk the police, and James look through my phone, and call 'Evergreen Motel'." He instructed, passing me his phone. I grabbed it from him, and went directly to his contacts. Sure enough, 'Evergreen Motel' was there.

"What does this have to do with our situation?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"That Motel, has the same address, as the one Tom gave me. I used to live there." He said, and I nodded.

"Hello, Esme speaking." A lady said, picking up at the second ring.

"Hello, I was just going to ask if there was a man named Robert who lives at your motel?"

"Oh, Rob? Yes, do you want me to transfer your call-"

"No, no. I just wanted to ask if he was there-"

"Oh yes. He came in with a man, and two girls-" 'He came in with two girls' I mouthed Jesse. Jesse nodded, driving a bit faster.

"Oh, well, thank you very much, mam-"

"May I ask why you called?"

"No, it's just.. Police business." I said, when I saw Tom speaking with an officer.

"The police are coming?!" She yelled, demanding for an answer.

"Mam, you have no right-" Esme hung up, and a horrific look flashed upon my face. "Jesse? Can you drive faster?"

"Do you want me to get arrested?" He asked, giving me an eye roll.

"No, it's because I have a feeling that the lady who picked up knows Robert a little too well." I said, and Jesse just shot me a confused glare. "She might tell him that the police are coming-"

"What?!" Jesse yelled, cutting me off. "What the hell, James? Why'd you tell her?" He yelled again, inches away from my face. No wonder he doesn't have drivers license, he doesn't know how to control himself. I decided to not respond, so Jesse just groaned, and started driving faster.

"I see the motel!" Tom yelled, jumping on the back seat. Jesse quickly pulled in, and left us in front of the front entrance, as he was finding a parking space.

Tom and I were about to enter the motel, until something caught our attention.

"James?!"

_______________________________

Oh my god. So I just found out that James's celebrity crush, is Camila Cabello. Okay okay, I'm so smart.

Well how are you guys doing? I'm doing bad. You want to know why? Bc Tom posted on Instagram that he was 'Officially married' to some lady. My heart hurts.

Thank you for 5k ♥

comment and stuff, bruh.

- Jessica xx