Wedding

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I am SO SO SO sorry that I haven't come back to this story for almost a year! It has been a hectic year and with the COVID-19 going around, I hope you my amazing readers are doing well and staying healthy in this tough time. 

As we left the story, Seb had just proposed to Nat and now we can jump right back into their story that I have been struggling forever to get the right feels and what not. Lets return to the story now!

6 Months Later After Proposal

It has been so chaotic these past six months preparing for the wedding. Jade and Tom have been such a HUGE help with preparing and to get thing in order. Jade was able to get my favorite band called The Brevet to come play my favorite music for our wedding. I was so excited when Jade broke the news to Seb and I when all four of us went for a double date. 

"Here are some of their music they have not yet released and want to do so just for you and Seb on your wedding day." 

"This is amazing Jade! I cannot begin to thank you enough on doing all of this for me since you know that I am not so gifted with planning and organizing events such as this."

"I'm just glad that we are in the final stages of this wedding planning and that you can be more at ease. Plus it gives me time to breath from home and having some girl time while Arlo is at Tom's mothers' house for the night." 

"Don't forget us you two!" 

"How could we Seb, your the man of the hour and I am still not sure if I am ready to give Nat to you in a few short weeks." 

That's right, who is going to give me away? I never had a real father figure in my life when I was younger due to my real father abusing me through words saying that no man would ever love me for me. We haven't really spoken since that time in my life. Jade only found out years after we had graduated from high school and she was so upset when I told her the truth.She was so angry that she wanted to go beat up my father for doing that to me when I was a teen. 

I hope that we can find someone who would be willing to give me away at our wedding. 

Once we were finished with dinner, Jade and Tom had to go home to Arlo since they haven't been able to be together as a family since Tom has been working like crazy these past few months. Very soon he has to go back to the States to start filming for the short series of 'Loki' that Marvel has been given the clear to do so. Tom will be able to make it to our wedding but after that he has to go filming. 

"Hey Nat?"

"Yeah what is it Seb?" 

"I couldn't help but notice when Jade mentioned the 'man of the hour' that you flinched about that. Are you mad about that?" 

"Oh no, I was thinking about who was going to walk me down the isle and would be giving me away. You know that my father was not the kind you want in your life after what he did and now I'm father-less for the wedding. I don't know what to do Seb." 

"Don't worry Nat, Jade knew that we would hit that snag when we got closer to the wedding. She and I have someone in mind and we have yet to hear back from them but I am sure they would agree to do so. So don't worry love; we are well prepared." 

I sure hope so. I am a total train wreck right now. 

Wedding Day

It has finally come! I am getting married to Seb!!! So many people from the entertainment industry have come to support Seb and I. Little Arlo is the cutest ring bearer while Tom is the best man for Seb and the maid of honor is Jade. If it wasn't for Jade, I have no idea where I would be now. 

Jade told me that the man who was to give me away would be outside the door of the bride's room when we were to go walk down the isle. She still hasn't told me who it is which is driving me crazy! 

"Come on Jade, can you at least tell me who it is?"

"Nope. You can see for yourself now Nat. He is here!"

Opening the door while in my wedding dress that is custom made by Vera Wang and the bouquet that have my favorite flowers of roses, dahlias and poppies in my hand, in the doorway stood one of my favorite actors; Robert Downey Jr. 

"Wow! You look stunning Nat!" 

"Y..Y..Your Robert Downey Jr!" 

"As you can see. I am here to give you away."

"B..But how?"

Turing back to look at Jade, she was holding back a laugh and tears at the same time. 

"Jade!"

"I...I..I'm sorry Nat. Seb and I had been planning this since he proposed to you. I told him about what happened when you were young and we were trying to figure out who you would've liked to give you away the most. Robert turned out to fit the bill the most. We had to make sure that he was able to do so before the wedding. Thank the stars that he was free to do so."

I could not believe it. Of all the people in this world, I had Robert as my stand in as a father for my wedding. This is truly a dream come true. Taking Robert's invitation arm, we walk towards the chapel. Jade turned back real quick giving me a smile and a wink before she had to take her place at the front. Feeling nervous, I started to panic. 

"Nervous?"

"Yeah."

"Don't worry. I felt the same way when I got married." 

"Did you ever have regrets afterwards and when your marriage was put to the test?" 

"Nat, the best advice I can truly give you is that no marriage is perfect. It takes time, love, communication but most of all trust. Without those, any marriage will fail and it never ends in a good way. That is the best present I can give to you so when you are put to the test, you know what you need to do love. Take care of Seb for us since that goofball is head-over-heals for you."

With those words of wisdom, all the feeling before seemed to vanish as if Robert knew what I needed to hear. When the doors opened and seeing everyone who had been apart of our lives big or small it was truly a wonderful feeling. My siblings and mother were there in the front row. Jade and Tom up at the front to be there to support both of us in this big day. I could see all the actors from the Marvel Universe who had worked with Seb which made my heart flutter because I still haven't met all of them yet. The Brevet sitting a few rows behind me mother made me blush a bit because I still remember when they knew me before they became a big thing a few years ago. Seb's family and friends from his childhood were also there. I could not believe it; so many had come. 

Once I had made it to the front, Robert took my right hand and placed it into Seb's left hand while whispering for those close to hear him say 'take extra good care of our girl now Seb. She is special.' made me blush as if I was reading 'Fifty Shades of Gray' all over again. 

When we were in front of everyone and exchanging our vows, I could feel so much love all over. I had no idea with how many people actually cared and loved me for me. Even when we exchanged our rings and kissed as husband and wife, I still feel like it is a dream. Looking back at when Seb and I first met at Jade's house so long ago, I am truly grateful that she took no for an answer and told me to come because that was when it would lead me here; becoming the future Mrs. Stan that so many women out there wished they could be in the same position as me. 

This was truly my very own happy ever after; my wedding!