Baby Shower

Helping Nat getting ready for the baby shower has been a very fun, stressful and eventful thing for us. I could tell that Nat wanted everything to be absolutely perfect for this baby shower. I made sure that Seb and Nat had all their family and friends that they wanted to be there to celebrate with us. The table that had food was covered in a layout of flowers of poppies, roses, sunflowers, peonies, with greenery to help fill the gaps in between. The food was a a mix of fruits, vegetables, and cold meats.

"Jade, when is everyone going to be here?"

"They should be here in about ten minutes Nat. I know that you are nervous but you have to be calm. The doctors made it very clear that you have to not stress or freak out. I promise that people will be here in the next ten minutes."

"Thanks Jade, I am so nervous for this baby to be here safely. I just want to give this baby the best life, a lifestyle that I never got with my own. How did you handle all of this when you were expecting Arlo so long ago?"

"I was like you back then. I worried all the time but since I had Tom, my family, friends, everyone sending words of encouragement made the stress less and more of a joy to know that I was having a baby. Your going to be a great mother Nat, I know you will."

"Thanks Jade. I'm very glad that I have you and Tom to be so close to us and that if Seb ever needs some advice on how to be a father, Tom can help him in that department."

As if on cue, people started to show up and the baby shower was going absolutely wonderful. I could tell that Nat was more at ease now that people where there that she knew very well. What she didn't know is that Tom, Seb, and I all got together and made arrangements for her family to be flown out to celebrate with the rest of us. Nat was in tears a few weeks ago when she told me that her family could not make it. That was when I used that drive to get all of them here and to break the news in a fun way as well.

"Everyone thank you so much for coming out today to celebrate the baby shower of Seb and Nat. Now normally we would get right into the gender reveal but I just want to take a few extra minutes to tell Nat that when she told me that her family could not make it to celebrate this day, I made sure that they were flown out here to be with us today. So Nat, turn around and go give your family members a big hug!"

Nat was so surprised when she saw her family coming to give her a big hug. Tears were flowing off of everyone's faces and not a single face was dry. Once we were able to get the emotions under control we were able to start the moment everyone had been waiting for. I knew what the child's gender was and I was beyond excited to get the preparations for it. I had people put a vote on a chalkboard to see who they thought the baby would be. I also had a black ballon with the color the baby would be so that everyone else would know the gender.

"Okay now that everyone is here and accounted for, we can now get to the main event! Tom could you please hand the black balloon to Seb and Nat please."

Handing the ballon to Seb and Nat, I handed them a thick sewing needle to pop the ballon to reveal the gender. I had also arranged to have a videographer to take a video of this event so that Seb and Nat could always look back and treasure this moment forever. Nat handed the needle to Seb and smiled to let him know that she was ready. When he had popped the ballon, a huge amount of pink came out. Everyone who was there was beyond excited for Nat and Seb! Nat had always wanted a girl since she was little. Nat told me once that if she ever had a girl it would be the name of her late grandmother whom she really loved. She told me that her grandmother's middle name was Rosella and it had always stuck with Nat to the point of naming her daughter that. I thought it was the sweetest thing ever.

"Seb you best be ready man, I know your going to be a 'daddy's girl' now. I know that I was not ready when Althea Ai was born and now she has me wrapped in her little finger. So you best be ready man."

"Tom, you know that no matter what the gender was the baby already has their little finger wrapped around me."

"Nah man, I was in that phase too but when we had Althea Ai, oh man did that change in an instant. Jade has to be with Althea Ai all the time and thank God that Arlo is there to bring some male balance in the family while I am away. Had we not has Arlo, God who knows what our lives would be like."

Seb has been asking Tom so many questions about being a parent and father the past few weeks. Tom is so excited to help Seb out and to give him the better advice he received from his father and how his father told him to make sure his marriage to me works even when his fathers never worked out well with his mother. I can see why Tom made sure that I would not have to worry about having a home, expenses, bills, etc.

"Oh Jade I am SO happy and excited!"

"Me too Nat. Now I need to ask, before you found out what did you think the baby was before this?"

"I had a strong feeling that it was a girl. Was it the same way for you when you had Arlo?"

"I never told Tom this but yes. I had a very VERY strong feeling that it was a son. You know how insanely close I was to my grandfather and how hard his death was for me when he passed. While I was pregnant with Arlo, I felt my grandfather with me more than one time the entire pregnancy."

Shock and surprise came across Nat's face because she never knew; no one did until today. I had to leave for a little bit to feed Althea Ai and get some rest. I still wasn't feeling the best and I felt like I was getting worse. Thankfully Tom was planning on taking me to the doctors in half an hour when this was all done. Seb was so kind enough to take the reigns so that I could rest and leave whenever it was necessary.

"Jade, you look really worn out and look like your going to throw up. Do we need to get you to the doctors now?"

"Yes. I can't put this off. I know there is something seriously wrong and I need to know why I have not gotten any better. I made sure to have a face mask, sanitize, and try to avoid as much contact as possible so that if I have something nasty I hopefully haven't given it to others."

"Okay, let me go tell Nat and Seb so we can leave."

Even though I had to leave early, I could tell that Nat and Seb were going to be an amazing set of parents. Their daughter is going to be spoiled rotten and that she has a crazy adoptive aunt like me in her life very soon, our lives are going to get a tad bit more crazy! But I would never change it for the world.