First Visit -Chapter 1

"Shuichi honey, get in the car were going to a new therapy place," Shuichi's aunt said. Shuichi did not want to go and even thought about faking sick. He hated talking to people and especially talking about feelings to someone he didn't know was weird to him. Shuichi looked at himself in the mirror, he was wearing the same thing all week and could barely get out of bed the past few weeks. He went downstairs and left with his aunt.

As they drove Shuichi regretted getting in the car, he wanted to go home and stay in his bed. He had to learn sign language to communicate to people since he was too afraid to talk. He hated how he was and what he needed. His aunt and uncle paid for him to go to a therapist, and he knew how much going to a therapist was.

Once they got there Shuichi's aunt parked the car close to the entrance and they both headed inside. Shuichi sat in a chair away from the other people in the waiting room. His aunt was at the front desk filling out paper and insurance things. Shuichi looked at the other people there, waiting, for their name to be called up, so they would talk to people that couldn't do anything other than talk to them, or give them medication. Of course Shuichi knew that talking to people could help them. "Shuichi Saihara." 

Why me? Why right now? Shuichi got up and walked with the lady until they were at the room. As he opened the door he saw a man the same age as Shuichi sitting at a small coffee table. He had light green hair that looked very fluffy, a striped shirt, and many piercings on his ear. "Hello! Are you Shuichi Saihara?" The man said, his voice was warm and sweet, almost like honey. Shuichi nodded as he sat in the chair across from the man. "I'm Rantaro Amami and I'm here to help you talk about your feelings. I'll be seeing you every weekday," "Your aunt told me about how you can't speak, so I want to help you with that, alright?" Shuichi nodded. Rantaro Amami was a nice man, but could he help Shuichi?

"Since we don't have much time I'm going to ask some basic questions to get to know you better," Rantaro said with a smile. "So, whats your favorite food?" Shuichi thought for a minute before signing back "dangos." "Nice, do you have a favorite book or genre of books?" He signed back, "I like detective novels." "That's cool, you like mysteries?" Shuichi nodded. 

After about an hour, Shuichi left with his aunt. How did he make me feel so comfortable? Shuichi thought as he looked out the car window.