Chapter 3 - Opposites

Shuichi laid on his bed looking up at the white ceiling above him. He was finishing his online school and he had to restart on a math review since it had different answers then the real sheet. Why is it always like this for me, he thought still looking at the ceiling. His cat was on his lap purring. Only the cat understood him and would stay by his side all the time, that's why he loved his cat. 

"Mochi!" His aunt said hitting the cat food can with a spoon. Mochi ran downstairs and Shuichi was left alone, redoing the math. Tomorrow was another day of therapy, but Shuichi didn't mind. He liked talking to Rantaro, he was nice, and almost like Mochi. But he only got to see him for about an hour everyday. Shuichi closed his laptop and fell asleep. 

The next day Shuichi was woken up by his cat clawing at his door. His aunt must've closed it when she saw him asleep. He got up and opened the door for Mochi. Mochi runs in and jumps on his bed, he closes the door before going back to bed. "Shuichi wake up!" He hears his aunt knocking on his door at 5 am. 

After Shuichi got ready they headed out to go to the therapist. "Did you eat this morning?" His aunt snapped. She always bugged him about eating. Once he didn't eat for almost an entire week. "Uh yeah, I ate waffles," he lied. When he was little, he was one of the smallest in his class, and only weighed about 80 pounds by the time he was in 5th grade. 

They arrived at the therapist and Shuichi's aunt left for a bit. Shuichi was comfortable since no one would talk other than Rantaro and the lady that called him in. Shuichi was wearing sweatpants and a Danganronpa hoodie. It wasn't a nice day out so he didn't bother to wear anything nice, and he would most likely just stay in his room when he left. 

"Oh hey Shuichi!" Rantaro said with a smile. Shuichi waved and gave a weak smile back. Shuichi couldn't believe that they were both the same age but were so different from each other. Shuichi didn't understand why he was like the way he was. He was a small, skinny, 19 year old, that had to live with his uncle and aunt while his college was being renovated. While Rantaro was a 20 year old living by his own and already had a full-time job. 

I know that Shuichi is about a month older than Rantaro, but it would be weird if a 19 year old worked as a therapist, its still weird that a 20 year old does but I wanted to have Shuichi not sound like a lump living in his aunt and uncles basement lol.