Awkwardness - Chapter 7

Hello people still reading this, sorry I haven't been updating. I was going through some stuff and was kind of just dying. But anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Shuichi's POV

I walked home sort of slow since I didn't want my aunt and uncle to be worried since the date was shorter than I expected. I was just walking around random neighborhoods that I realized I always drove past. It was getting dark, and almost cold but I didn't care. I liked the cold, it helped me not look suspicious when I wore a hoodie. 

I kept walking until I finally reached my house. "Hi honey! How was your date?" My Aunt greeted me as I walked in. "It was fun, I really enjoyed it," I said taking off my shoes and running upstairs. Once I got upstairs I was greeted by Mochi on my bed. I closed my door and played with Mochi a bit until I got a text from an unknown number. 

Hey it's me, Rantaro :) 

I immediately texted back.

Oh hello :)

I saved his number in my contacts and laid on my bed. I really hoped that Rantaro didn't just see me as a kid that needs therapy. Because with all honesty, I really do like Rantaro, and it's weird if he thinks I'm just a kid and he just went on the date because of pity. (Okay why did I make it sound like Rantaro's a groomer oh my-)

The next day I woke up and left with my aunt to go to therapy like any other day. My aunt and uncle still think I went out with a girl. I had to make up a fake girl name and I really hope Rantaro doesn't say anything. 

I walked in and said goodbye to my aunt as she drove away. I waited until my name was called and walked in to the room. Rantaro had his usual smile on his face as I walked in. I greeted him and sat down in the seat in front of his desk. "Hi Shuichi!" He said. "Hello," I said giving a weak smile. We went on and on telling each other things. "Uh sorry if this sounds wrong but uh," I waited a second wondering if I should even say anything. "Uh well..Did you just go to that date last night of because of Kaede?" I saw looking down at my shoes. "It's okay if you did..I just don't want to get my hopes up." 

Wait.

Why is he smiling.

"Of course not! I wouldn't make myself go on a date I didn't want to go on," he says. "You are a nice person Shuichi, and I like you."

Did he just say he liked me?

I feel myself get red as he laughs. "Sorry, I didn't think you would get that flustered."

Bruh I'm supposed to be doing school work right now. I forgot that I gave this some cheesy title and now I want to change it lmao