Home

The day has finally come.  Theo Raeken, the strong, independent, went to hell and back (literally) werewolf had a weakness.  Well two I guess you could say.  The first being the young Beta wolf who he fell in love with and the second being the cold weather. 

 He absolutely hated the cold.  Maybe its because it reminded him of his sisters cold lifeless body, the empty pit in his body where his soul used to live...or maybe its because this big bad werewolf really did have a heart and he was nothing but a big softie.

Regardless  of the reason, Theo sat on the soft bench in the window of his small apartment.  He was wrapped up in a large fluffy blanket Liam gave him for Christmas.  A box of tissues was his only company on this lonely afternoon.  His nose was red and irritated from the once soft material becoming abrasive on the sensitive skin of his nose.  

The pack had left him alone as they went for their weekly pack meeting.  Ironic since they were together on a constant basis.  In all honesty weekly pack meetings were an excuse for them to go out once a week to have lunch.  

Now that Theo was officially part of the pack he often went with them, but this morning he woke up convinced he was dying.  After about an hour of panic Liam had convinced the older boy that he simply had a cold.  

He refused to leave the house after that.  Refused to let the cool wisps of winter touch his skin.  Instead he admired winters beauty from afar.  He watched as the light flecks of snow flew around the clear sky.  They would gently grace the frosted window before melting into nothing more than a small drop of water.  

Though he didn't like the cold, he always admired the snow.  The way it flew around the sky in such a free way.  The way no two snowflakes were the same.  He found beauty in the little details of it.  That was something Liam had taught him to do.  To enjoy the little things.  

His mind slowly drifted to the young beta in that moment.  Meeting Liam was the best thing to ever happen to him.  Liam taught him to love himself and love others.   He taught him forgiveness.  Most importantly he accepted Theo as he was.  He loved him despite all his flaws.  He protected him when he fell into the darkest pit and cleared a path for the light to be found.  

Liam was the first person he ever loved.  the first person who ever loved him.  

Liam walked into the house an hour later with a bouquet of flowers.  With him he brought the crisp air from outside.  He spotted Theo instantly on the bench by the window.  He looked so peaceful.  

For a long time, Liam wondered if Theo would ever forgive himself for his past.  It broke his heart to watch him suffer.  To see him wake in pools of his own sweat, gasping for the air.  He seemed to be constantly swimming.  His head would fall under the water and he couldn't find his way back. 

 For the first time in a long time, Liam saw him find his way back.  He saw him lift his head and breath.  For the first time he wasn't just holding on to a thread of survival, he was living.   warmed Liam's heart like nothing else could.  

He walked over the Theo sitting next to him.  Theo wrapped his arms around the younger boy, pulling him tight into his chest.  They each felt the warmth of the other engulfing them in a wave of comfort.  They knew they were home in each others arms.