An Heir?

Harry hid away into their secret spot. Hermione was livid but still came along. At one point during their first year, they had found a secret passage that leads to a classroom that no one knew about anymore. They liked to use it to meet up in private.

"The heir of Slytherin... Who could the heir be?" Hermione asked as she paced. Crookshanks and Serpens were already chasing each other.

"Oh, you know who. That Slytherin git. It's Malfoy" Ron accused. "What's Malfoy?" The blonde asked as he snuck into the room. Draco might be a Malfoy but from his mother, he is a Black. And nobody makes an entrance like a Black.

"He thinks you opened the Chamber" Harry clarified. Usually, he would great the other boy but with it all being so tense, he just couldn't. "I didn't even know it was a real thing until now" He glared at the other pureblood. No one did.

"We've all heard you call Hermione stuff, and it's only attacking muggle-borns" Ron accused hotheadedly. "Slip of the tongue. My Aunt is in prison for crimes against mud-muggle-borns. It's a hard thing to train out" Draco defended himself.

And Hermioine knew that. And she was grateful. There were quite a few pureblood students who knew that their parents were on the wrong side and tried to curve their language and behaviour. Unfortunately some still held prejudice.