Chapter 2

The alarm rang early. Stephanie woke up, much to her dismay. As much as she wanted to sleep more she knew she had to get out of the house before her aunt caught on about her little meal last night.

Stephanie smirked to herself. Even in her sleepy state she could imagine her aunt's face bubble up in rage,just like a bloated frog, at the sight of the empty bowl in the fridge! 

Stephanie finally got out of the bed and dragged herself to the bathroom. She removed her pajamas and got into the shower. While bathing, she looked down at herself. It was an ugly body. Her thighs had bruise marks and the area right below her breasts had scars. Her ankles had broken and rough skin. To top it all off, now she had the stupid scar on her face. 

She closed her eyes as the warm water cleansed her entire body full of exhaustion and pain. It felt like a healing potion to Stephanie.

Twenty minutes later, Stephanie stepped into the kitchen to make herself a quick lunch before going. If she was going to be beaten up, she would rather on a full stomach. It was her principal.

She first quietly washed the bowl from which she ate last night and covered it with some new transparent foil in the same way she had found it wrapped. She then placed the bowl at the exact place in the exact way inside the fridge. There was nothing in the bowl apart from a small note. It said:

EAT SHIT ^^

She knew she would be in trouble but she was far beyond caring. She made herself some meat and vegetable sandwiches, stuffed them into her lunch box and hurriedly made her way out of the hellhole. 

It was 8:00 am. The exact time when her aunt would wake up and start haunting the house. 

As soon as Stephanie got outside, her tensed body relaxed. Her aunt couldn't touch her outside. She waited a few feet from the porch for about twenty minutes. She had memorized her aunt's entire daily routine by heart. That human moved about the same way. No change. No mistakes. Absolutely and completely robotic. 

She grinned. Anytime now. She just wanted to see her aunt's face all smoked up. That was something she loved to see.

"1.......2........3...!!", she whispered.

Suddenly there was a loud screeching sound from the house. It sounded as if a witch had seen herself in the mirror for the first time.

"STEPHANIE!! THAT CRAZY BI-"

Stephanie waited no more. As soon as she got a glimpse of her aunt's face she ran away. She went past the gate and out into the street having the satisfaction of irritating her aunt in the morning. 

She could hear her aunt swearing and screaming at her. Stephanie didn't dare to turn around. She knew she would do something more infuriating if she did. So she kept on running. She was just glad that no one lived nearby. It was like she owned that part of the alley. The back of her house was surrounded by trees and sideways there was nothing except for two empty open grounds and an empty building which no one ever visited. 

The alley was completely empty. There was nothing and nobody. As she ran the entire alley and arrived at the crossroad adjoining her alley, she came to a stop. From hereon she usually walked to school. It was not much of a long walk. Took her thirty minutes maximum if she walked and less when she ran.

Stephanie was gasping for breath. She was never much of a runner.

"Shit. That felt good.", she breathed heavily as she said, looking at her feet.

"You should not run, you know." Stephanie heard a voice.

She looked up to meet face to face with a boy. He was bent down to her level and his face was inches away from hers. He had a smirk on his face. She could feel her head telling her it wasn't something good. It was all she could do to not barf on his face.

Stephanie gulped.

Now was no time for more trouble.

*****

A/N:

Hi ya'll. So for the small bunnies who didn't get it, the aunt is abusive. Too abusive for our own good. This is my first trial in writing in third person so most sentences start with 'she'. Please bear with me! ^_^

Comment and keep reading ...until then ADIOS!