Chapter 16

They were walking to Chris' house. Even though Stephanie had no idea how it would help her situation, she went along with it for the time being. 

"Since when did you even notice me? I was never famous", Stephanie asked.

Chris' brows furrowed in thought.

"I always saw you around smiling and giggling and had this sad crush on you. Then I heard the stupid rumors and the sudden change in your attitude. After that I started watching you. Following you to every class and waited until you got out of the school. So that no one messed up with you."

"Fancy way of saying you were stalking me", Stephanie smirked. 

"Hey!", came the protest.

"But why did you not follow the easy way? Believe the rumors?", Stephanie said.

"Because I didn't think they were true. How could such an innocent person be a killer? Greedy? Nope. I didn't think it was you and so I thought it was best I see for myself."

"And?"

"And what?"

"And what do you think of me now?"

Chris smiled.

"Now I think what I presumed was true"

He linked his fingers with Stephanie's and swung them back and forth like small children. Stephanie's face broke out into a laugh and Chris' hopes took a huge leap of faith. He was glad he made her laugh. Now he could think about more than 'just friends'.

They reached his house and Steve welcomed them inside. Chris' mother hugged Stephanie warmly and kissed her lightly on the forehead. This small gesture melted Stephanie's insides. She could not even imagine anything bad happening to this woman because of her.

It was a small apartment yet it felt more at home than the big mansion waiting for her. There was a cozy mushy feeling about its walls that made her feel loved and desirable. Chris and Steve went to clean their rooms before they took her for a tour so she was left alone with their mother.

Stephanie helped her to cook dinner. Her name was Wendy and she preferred to be called by her name rather than Mrs. Richards. Wendy was the epitome of hospitality and motherhood. She was beautiful and very warm. Those deep set brown eyes were exactly like Chris'.

They spoke of many things while cooking.

"So how are you feeling?", Wendy asked.

Stephanie was taken aback. No one had ever asked her that.

"I'm....... I'm fine", she replied.

"Are you?", Wendy looked at her skeptically as if she knew what Stephanie had been through. 

"Yes!", Stephanie answered with a shy smile. 

Wendy took her hand in her own and patted it.

"Stephanie, honey...  I want you to remember that the road of life is never easy. You are your own silver lining to the cloud. If life is playing games, play it! Be a real player. That's how you will survive th-"

"Oh mom! Don't start about life with her too!", Chris cried out.

He pulled Stephanie with him and off they went to his room. 

When they entered his room, the environment felt cleaner and healthier. Stephanie looked around. There was nothing much to see. She had already seen everything. Only now she did notice a balcony at the edge of the room.

"You really did clean this out? The last time I was here, I saw an underwear drying on your chair", she laughed as she observed everything.

*click*

As she heard the door lock, Stephanie whirled around only to have her breath cut off. She panicked for a milli-second before realizing what was going on. 

Stephanie was pinned to the wall with Chris' lips on hers. His hands encircled her entire waist.  She stood there like a statue yet again. Unsure of what to do. Chris broke off and pulled her closer. She didn't even think that was possible.

"Reciprocate", he growled.

Stephanie lifted her gaze to meet his. His eyes were full of want and a spark was igniting behind them.

Stephanie brought her arms around his neck and tugged his face forwards. She closed her eyes and fitted her lips onto his. It felt weird. Very weird. But also sweet. There was the taste of chocolate wafting around her senses.

Stephanie thoughts wandered as to how she loved chocolate. The taste, the feel, the everything. She just met him, she reminded herself and yet again her senses told her to shut up. Two adults weren't likely to control their hormones in a room alone.

GOD I NEED HOLY WATER! BAD GIRL STEPH!!

About two thousand mosquito lives later, they broke apart. Both realized they needed oxygen.

"I freaking like you", Chris half-growled giving her an intense gaze. 

"I think I do too", she smiled back at him.

Stephanie escaped from his arms and turned around. 

"What do you want to do?", she suggested looking about.

Chris sat on the bed with a wide smirk on his face.

"Anything you want", he said sarcastically.

Stephanie rolled her eyes.

"I meant anything interesting", she said.

"Oh I'm sure we can make it interesting", Chris said tilting his head.

There goes his stupid thoughts.

"I'm not sure what interesting means to you"

"Well, I could always show you how t-"

"OH MY GOD!! Will you stop talking dirty to each other? The walls ain't sound proof ya know!", Steve shouted bursting into the room.

Stephanie blushed as red as tomatoes while Chris pouted like a child deprived of his fun. Stephanie was more than happy to be interrupted. If given the solidarity, she was sure Chris would go wild on her and she knew that she didn't have the will-power to resist.

Today's gonna be fun.

This was the first time she had thought so in the last five years.

*****

A/N :

I tried my best... Vote guys please! VOTE, COMMENT and READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!