Part Five

The spring is going by so fast and with all these things happening at once everything seems hazy.

The newest Plague soldier gets lost. Aagon is nowhere to be found. Jayda seems to be a traitor and Bookers are really mad now.

Eliot seems really stressful. He looks for Aagon. He needs his leading ideas in tough time like this. He decides to play the sound made of a cattle horn. The sound is well-heard. The night is falling and Aagon seems to be coming with his horse somewhere in the landscape. Behind him the final colors of the sun before setting. His silouhette follows his beautiful body.

-Father, I apologize. —he bows while being breathless.
-Aagon, I have been informed The Bookers are preparing something soon.
-Shall I prepare the mightiest warriors?
-Indeed. —and he stares at the sky. -I hope Alex is doing just fine.
Both of them stayed there for a while in silence.

...

Roy prepares a sword. The noises are being heard in the attic. It is time to relax but they have been talking about this. They must move fast. Soon Roy understood that Alex was sent to him by Eliot. He is happy yet sad that two clans are now about to re-do what their great-grandfathers did. But not everyone remains the same.

"What will the Holy Magicians think about this?" -thought Roy. Whatever the case he will help Alex, the boy he taught when he was younger, and a boy who he loved and cared about.

After a minute Alex enters the crafting room. Filled with all kinds of swords hanging on the wall. And armors in the corners of the room. Roy stops.
-Alex.
-Master, thank you.
-Alex, I already sent one of my companion to give your uncle a letter.
-No master, he does not know I am with the princess and that I stole the book again... from him.
-Then he needs to know so this hate shall not start a war.
-He is going to be mad.
-Alex, decide.
-What do you mean?
-I mean, if you started this because you didn't approve the ideas of your clan then stick with them until the very end!

Roy was right. What's done is done. Alex should continue his long and tough journey.

Roy also knew that Alex is very young at age so it is harsh to leave everything on his shoulders. At least he can give an helpful hand to him. By teaching him some new skills.

After a long day of training Alex thought and re-thought what his master told him. The thing is that Alex is feeling differently from what he had thought back at the clan. Their ideas may be correct but that doesn't mean that no one should go a step ahead to change something bigger. That's how he felt from the very beginning.

All sweaty he takes a bath. The steam rises up in the bathroom. He is alone. Just him and his thoughts. He does not feel guilty. And for a fraction of seconds Shyna appears right before his eyes. Why did he think of her?

...

Eliot reads a letter a guardian gave him. Goes inside the house. He is not going to be calm.

He thought: that he gave Alex the right to go with Shyna but not with the book. Alex should have sent Shyna far away so the Bookers could never find her.

-What is happening Aagon? —says Eliot.
-I am not aware, father. —replies Aagon.
-I hope you are not lying to me. —and he rushes outside. Calls a guardian and sends him towards the Holders.

And from somewhere another guardian is being heard yelling "he is here" multiple times.

A white horse, black stains from muddy areas he has been riding to, and a man in his 40's on top of it. A straight gaze right into Eliot's face. Behind him other few horses with men riding them and following the leading man. He stops the horse in front of Eliot and Aagon and goes down.

-The expedition ended so far Eliot. —he talks as he was taking off the heavy helmet. Others behind him do the same.
-Welcome brother. —says Eliot. So much things happened.
-What so? —asks he surprisingly.
-Welcome uncle. —says Aagon.
-How is my favorite soldier doing? —Tió asks him.
-I am doing well sir. —Aagon replies. -Trian!
Trian is happy to see Aagon, his very dear cousin and friend.
-Aagon let's go. —pointing to the horses.

They both loved going horse riding together. And they haven't seen each other for a week now. Aagon approves and they prepare to go for a riding. Landscapes really are their favorite thing.
-But boys you should... —they don't listen to Eliot at all.
Like nothing serious is happening right now.

Chaos.

Eliot explains everything to Tió. He had agreed himself that Alex should do it. But Tió was more reasonable than him.

Expedition was to collect healing herbs that can be only found far away from Graydol. In the spine of a deep forest much bigger than the one they face everyday. And much dangerous as well. Herbs have been collected. It will keep them alive during the so awaiting-to-start war.
-So, I got to take off for The Holders?
-You must teach your kid a lesson. I can not do that. —replies Eliot.
-This is getting out of control brother. But I understand what are you saying. —says Tió.

The weather is about to change again soon. At night it may rain again. It must be a heavy rain. The weather is changing drastically lately, does it mean that the weather is against this complot and wants to send a message to them so they should stop?

Eliot and Tió drink another sip of beer while Renina is serving them. And they both wonder what the upcoming days have in store for them.

The breeze hits Aagon's face. His horse truly is the most beautiful horse in their clan. It is all his. A magnificent look. Trian is kind of jealous in a good way. Wish he was that handsome as his cousin. He worries about him as much as Aagon does for him. Trian agrees, he is the mightiest warrior of the young.

-Tell me Aagon. —says Trian after they stop their ridings.
They look upon the houses at a peak of a hill.
-I am listening sir.
-I wonder for when will you be a spouse. —asks Trian politely.
-They all keep asking me the same sir. I must say I am not ready at all. —Aagon smiles.
-I ask that question because I do much care for you!
-And I must say I'm on my way. —ends Aagon.
Trian laughs.
-So there is someone. —he keeps the conversation.
-It might be. —smiles Aagon with shiny eyes.
-Tell me sir.
-We must go Trian. —Aagon says. -I must start training the warriors.
-Come on, tell me. —insists Trian.
-There is someone, alright my sir? —furious Aagon.
-Alright master. Alright. —Trian keeps smiling in joy.
And they keep on riding their horses back home.

...

Alex openes the door and sees Shyna staying at the attic.
-Are you reading? —says Alex.
-I shall take off this stress. Some may judge me, I am kidnapped and I am here reading like nothing had happened.
-You are not afraid? —Alex sits somewhere.
-Alex you are naïve. I know the book is with you here. That is why I am so unbothered.
Alex stays in shock.
-And how do you know? —asks Alex.
-Let's just say that the Books we The Bookers hold are like a part of our body that keeps us alive and that we feel them anywhere near us.
-So... —Alex stops.
Shyna closes the book.
-Good-night Alex.

Alex stays there gazing from afar. The moonlight hits the room from a rounded and small window.

Alex wondered a bit more; why is she accepting all this game and journey?

Alex saw some weird dreams. Here and there. Dangerous. Weelons fly away right before him. From an almighty blue Weelon a knight goes down. His eyes shine like bright stars. He is buffed. He screams like echoing the darkness.
Him against the Holy Magicians and Alex as a spectator.