chapter hwahn

(a/n: yes the title is a reference to Linda :))) )

(a/n: imagine that in middle school linda had brown hair)

"linda!" a small ginger girl called across the corridor

"becky!" linda ran up to her friend and high fived her

"it's so cool that we ended up going to the same middle school!" becky giggled

"yeah, these next few years are gonna be great"

"do you think we'll have any classes together, lindsay?"

(a/n: lindsay can be beckys nickname for linda)

"yeah im sure we will"

*time skip*

linda flopped down on her bed after a long day at school and smiled to herself, she couldn't help but smile after seeing becky barnes that day.

she knew she liked becky, she knew she loved becky, but she didn't know if becky liked her.

"it was be so so nice if she liked me back..." linda thought

although, linda had never told anyone about her crush on a girl.

girls liking girls was unheard of

but becky was just so nice so she wouldn't hate linda over something like that...would she?

when she went to bed all the could think about was becky

becky barnes

becky her best friend

becky the popular girl

becky the kind hearted one

becky the pretty girl

"she's the prettiest girl in school, who wouldn't like her?" linda thought, reassuring herself that it was all okay. She tossed and turned for hours on end, trying to fall asleep but she just fell more in love with Becky. She's liked becky since they first started middle school, it was now March.

Linda would cherish every little moment the two of them shared. She remembered the time they had a picnic in Hatchetfield park, and the time they went to see a movie at the mall cineplex, all the times they passed notes in class. She turned more red just thinking about it.

She had to.

She just had to tell Becky how she felt.

Eventually Linda managed to drift into a dreamless sleep, as the stars shone in the night sky.

The next morning, she felt strange. She had a nervous feeling in her stomach, like she was going to be sick but she almost enjoyed the pain, the anticipation. She threw off her covers and reluctantly got out of bed, wiping the sleep out of her eyes. She put on her school uniform, buttoning up her white shirt and pulling on her red checkered skirt. Then slipping on her dark red jumper and her black blazer. 

(a/n: im sorry i just didn't wanna make the uniform boring yk)

While remembering what homework was due that day, she tied her just below shoulder length brown hair into a ponytail, with two strands of hair hanging at the side (a/n: let's pretend that linda's hair was brown in middle school). She packed her bag for the day and hurriedly grabbed a pop tart as she went out the door, munching on it as she walked along.

(a/n: i just wanna clarify that i'm from england so idk how the american school system works so like i have no idea how old people are in the first year of middle school so if someone could let me know hgddghjkk)

*time skip to when she's at school*

"Hi Becky" Linda smiled sweetly at her friend.

"Oh hey Lindsay" Becky replied.

Linda felt the nerves build up inside her, today was the day she would tell Becky how she felt. She was so understanding and kind that she wouldn't hate Linda over something like this, right?

"Oh and Linda.."

"Yeah"

"I have something important to tell youuuu" Becky was beaming at this point

"Y-yeah what is it?" Linda was really anxious, it felt like her heart was going to explode.

"You know the boy in our English class, Tom" Linda's face fell.

...this could mean...

"Yeah.."

"I have a crush on him"

...danger...

Becky started giggling and Linda joined in to hide her disappointment.

"Oh my god! Really!"

"Yeahhh, I don't think he likes me back tho.."

"I-I'm sure he does"

...i could be falling in love...

"What makes you say that?"

"Oh... I don't know, just got a feeling you know?"

...falling in love...

"Awh, thank you so much Lindsay"

"You're welcome"

...falling in love...

"You're one of the best friends i've ever had" Becky said

...with becky barnes...

*778 words*