chapter two

~Linda POV~

tw: homophobic slurs (also i can write/say the words coz i'm gay so don't come at me for being homophobic coz i'm not)

Oh my god I am such a fucking idiot. Of course she likes some boy, of course she would never like me. Why do i like her, shouldn't i be liking a boy. A boy like Tom. I've liked boys before so why now do i like a girl?

(a/n: im trying to get through the middle school bit quickly coz it's just backstory and the main stuff happens in the high school and college sections of the story)

*time skip to the next day at school*

"Becky?"

"Yeah"

"Can I talk to you about something?"

"Sure, lets go somewhere more private!"

They walked outside to the playground, it was in the morning and not everyone was there yet. They made their way over to a large tree that provided plenty of shade from the sun, no one else was over there. It was just those Linda and Becky.

"So, you promise we'll always be friends no matter what right?" Linda asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Yeah of course, even if you'd killed someone I'd probably help you hide the body" Becky said playfully.

"Becky...um...recently i've realised something and thought that...you know it would be good to tell you since you're my best friend and everything so the thing is..." she couldn't say it, she wanted to but her voice wouldn't say it. She tried to speak but no words came out, a tear fell down her cheek.

"J-just forget it..." Linda mumbled as she turned away.

"No! Lindsay!" Linda turned back around and looked at Becky.

"It doesn't matter Becks"

"It does."

"okay so... I-I'm.."

i wish i could take it all back

turn back time and fix this

but obviously i had to go and fuck things up

"I'm bi"

"B-bi? This has to be a joke" Becky laughed slightly

"Um...nope, i-it's true.."

"Ew"

that moment would haunt me for years

"Ew"

"what?"

"That's really not normal"

"But i thought-"

"Oh you thought wrong, why the hell would you decide to be a fucking fag"

Tears started to stream down Linda's face.

"I'm so sorry! It's not my fault"

"You're diseased, Linda, you need help"

Linda just sobbed and hid her face with her hands.

"I don't think we should be friends anymore" Becky said monotonously.

"okay..." Linda sniffled "Just...please don't tell anyone"

"I'm not that much of a bad person...

"not that much of a bad person"

oh bitch pleaseee

honestly i couldn't think of anyone worse..

except for me...ha...

...but you need to get help for this"

"I will."

Then she ran. As fast as her legs would let her, all the way to the humanities block bathrooms. No one ever went there, her lungs ached and stung but she kept running. All she could hear were her gasps for air and her footsteps on the ground. When she finally made it into the bathroom she entered a cubicle and slammed the door, then locked it. She slowly sat down on the toilet lid and then sobbed. She sobbed hysterically until there was no tears left. She sobbed but silently, you could just hear small frantic breaths and sniffs every now and again.

"How the hell can I fix this..? How can i make myself normal again?" she whispered to herself. Suddenly she hears the bell for first period.

"oh maths can go fuck itself, i'll go to second lesson"

~Becky POV~

Oh my fucking god.

I can't believe that my former best friend is one of them. That's actually fucking repulsive, but honestly she needs to sort that out and become normal again. Why would someone want to be that? Ew

~No one POV~

The first lesson bell rings and Becky makes her way to maths, but Linda is still in the toilets, heartbroken.

*683 words*

(a/n: im sorry this chapters a bit short but like the middle school bit is just backstory and all the main stuff happens in the high school and uni but so yh)