chapter six

27.6.20

*this chapter takes place one month after the previous chapter*

"Linda" Gary started.

"Oh hey Gary" Linda wasn't really paying attention, she was scrolling on her phone.

"Uh..." he mumbled, Linda looked up at him (he was quite a bit taller than her).

"Are you okay?" she questioned.

"Yep, ahah, completely fine, nothing to worry about" he smiled awkwardly and gave a thumbs up.

"Yeah, you're definitely not okay" she looked up and down the corridor quickly to ensure no one was listening in on their conversation "what's wrong?"

"Ummmm"

"Gary, you can tell me"

"I, uh, I like someone"

"Oooooh" Linda laughed "...wait why is that a problem?"

"Because...she like wouldn't like me"

"Noooo, I'm sure she would....unless she doesn't like boys, does she like boys?"

"Yeah, but she likes another boy, who is not me"

"Oh shit, do you think she would like hate you if you told her?"

"Yes, no... maybe, I don't know"

"Well, if you think she won't hate you forever, maybe say something because like, she might like you, if she doesn't then it should be easier to get over her if you're horribly rejected, sorry, I'm sure you won't be horribly rejected, now I'm just rambling, sorry"

"Don't apologise, it's-it's fine"

"Okay, I hope it goes well for you"

"Yeah" he laughed awkwardly "I hope so too"

The bell for their last lesson rang.

"Good luck, I'll see you after school"

Gary and Linda would always walk together after school, mainly because Linda couldn't bear to take the bus with Tom, and Gary wanted to make sure nothing bad happened to her when she was walking. Linda thought he was just overthinking but she appreciated the company.

"See ya" then he went off to class.

Linda walked along the halls to Maths, there were only a few classes she had that Gary wasn't in and this was one of them. Becky was in her maths class which made her happy but at the same time extremely pissed her off. At least it wasn't with Tom, which would be awkward for a number of reasons (he's dating her kind of ex-best friend, the fact Gary still thinks she likes him and that she literally hates his guts). She entered the class and immediately took her seat.

"Hi Linda" Becky said, bubbly as usual.

"Oh hey Beck-" Linda saw that Becky was wearing her cheerleader outfit "Oh, I uh, I didn't know you got into the cheerleading squad"

Linda tore her eyes away from Becky and got back to taking her school equipment out of her bag.

"Yeah! Tom's on the football team as well so I can cheer him on!" Becky giggled.

"Yeah, that's great, you're like high school sweethearts" Linda replied, still looking awkwardly at the desk in front of her, but Becky was too happy to notice or care.

After about thirty seconds, the teacher arrived and began to teach the lesson, every now and then she would sneak glances at Becky, she couldn't help but admire how she looked in her cheerleader outfit. Her hair in a tight high ponytail, the way the shirt tightly hugged her frame, the short skirt that showed of her thighs-