1- In The Beginning

Maddy Malfoy and James Potter II went back a long way

Maddy Malfoy and James Potter II went back a long way. Back to when they first met on the Hogwarts Express in their first year and sparked up a discussion over the Quidditch book in her hand. They started getting to know one another, bouncing off of the other's personality.

"Maddy?" he asked, sounding slightly surprised, "Seems like a pretty normal name for a Malfoy, right?"

A devilish grin spread across her face as she replied, "Yeah, but my middle name is Philomena."

The boy's eyes went wide, and seeing she was laughing, decided it was safe for him to as well.

"I'm James," he said wanting her to like him for him, rather than his last name.

"Pleasure to meet you, James," She responded simply.

By the end of the ride, James knew in the back of his mind that she wasn't going to be in the same house as him. He knew the Malfoy reputation, heck, their fathers had always been... Involved, in each other's life to say the least. This girl wasn't at all like his uncle Ron had described her family name. He decided on being friends either way.

When they got to the illustrious school, the pair continued laughing until they reached the Great Hall. It was like nothing either of them had ever seen. The sorting hat's words drew the kids into it like a web. When Maddy was called up, James waited for the cry of "SLYTHERIN" to ring around the hall. He decided he wouldn't watch. However, his jaw dropped when "GRYFFINDOR" was heard instead. She waltzed over to the Gryffindor table where she was greeted by the rest of her house. His last name was called after, and the entire hall went quiet. When the hat was set on his head, he heard it... Speaking to him?

"Surprised by the last sorting, hmm. You would think this one would know not to judge others by a name, huh..." It went on naming his qualities before deciding "GRYFFINDOR." The table went up in raucous cries while he walked over to the table, relieved.

The pair stuck together like glue and were a dynamic duo. Both athletically gifted, Maddy being quite tall, James being short and quick. He introduced Maddy to his cousin in their year as well as house, Dominique Weasley. They quickly took a liking to each other, leaving James a little left out. That quickly changed when the trio found a boy sitting alone in the common room absentmindedly shooting sparks out of the tip of his wand. His name was Tatum Johnson, a muggle-born, but Maddy took to calling him, Tate.

Tate was tall and lean with dark eyes, skin, and hair. He was soft-spoken and considerate, yet people knew not to mess with him. He also had a very goofy sense of humor that fit well with James' sarcastic one.

Throughout the year, the kids helped each other through their subjects. Tate was masterful at potions, James best at transfiguration, Maddy at charms, and Dominique had an uncanny knack for remembering historical facts. They made quite the team and always kept each other in check. It seemed as though their first year went by in a flash, the kids all writing to each other every week during summer.

Second-year was also great, especially getting to watch James play Quidditch. Tate was quite good as well, but the captain decided to keep his two senior beaters over him. He took it well and didn't let it affect his relationships, to which his friends were immensely grateful.

Maddy started to get a bit worried about the next year because she knew the difficulty would be more sweeping. They got to choose new classes, and meet new teachers, and would get a lot more homework. She was the kind of person who liked to have things planned out for herself. Through it all, she and Dominique became close like sisters. And though she would never acknowledge it, Maddy was a bit jealous of Dom's beauty. She knew that she was part Veela, but her fiery red hair and perfect skin seemed to set them far apart. Looks-wise, they were opposites. Maddy had pale, curly gold hair, whereas Dominique had straight locks. Maddy was tall, and Dominique was about average height. She never uttered a word of it to anyone and was content in being the best student she could be.

Third-year wasn't as awful as the kids thought it would be, however, the first real friend fight ensued. According to Maddy, James had been acting moody and temperamental and was taking it out on the rest of them. He had been short with Tate at breakfast about something hugely insignificant, and Maddy had had enough. Rising out of her chair, she looked at him across the table with scalding heat in her eyes.

"James Sirius Potter, you are being an absolute asshole. I don't know what your problem is, but you better figure it out soon. There is no reason for you to take out your petty issues on your friends, who are doing their best to be supportive of you. Get your head out of your ass and stop wearing it as a hat," She started walking away before turning back and adding, "And apologize to Tate, you git."

Needless to say, the three remaining three amigos were shocked. Dominique was amazed at the language choice, Tate surprised that she blew up like that, and James stunned because she was right. He had been acting like a git. He let Quidditch practice, homework, and stress pile on top of him, and didn't know how to cope. He looked Tate, as well as Dominique, in the eyes and gave a genuine apology before excusing himself to find Maddy.

After making things proper with her, and tackling her in a one-way hug, he made sure not to do it again. The year went placidly by after, and Gryffindor won the Quidditch cup that year. 

Fourth-year was right around the corner, and the quartet was eager for whatever was going to be thrown at them. All four looked forward to seeing each other's faces, and couldn't wait to be on the Hogwart's Express again.

Hehe, I hope you guys like it! I love you all, and don't forget,

Bippity boppity, silver rat

Copy my work and I'll hit you with a bat!