4- Sorry, Potter

The week was hectic

The week was hectic. Everybody was trying to get back into the swing of things while catching up with friends and struggling with homework. It was especially strange for one Maddy Malfoy. James got new attention as well, but he was used to having it. He had always been attractive, but now, he seemed to turn heads for different reasons than being a Potter. Maddy, however, had never gotten so much as a second glance before the year. She was also turning heads now and didn't know if she liked it.

"Maddy. Hey, Zabini is staring at you," Dominique whispered from across the table at lunch one day.

Maddy tried not to, but James and Tate, on both sides of Dom, whipped their heads around to look.

"Now he's going to know that we were talking about him, honestly, do you two lack brains?" Maddy hissed at them, her cheeks tinting rose.

"Oh, he's cute," Hadley cooed from her spot next to Fred, who shrugged and resumed eating.

James scoffed before saying, "Too bad he's a literal ass chaser. I don't know why Slytherin keeps him," and setting down his fork. He then turned away, seeming to look around for anyone else staring. Dominique took this as the opportunity to raise an eyebrow at her friend.

"Uh, does anybody want to go to the library with me?" Maddy asked, changing the subject, "I need to finish that assignment on boggarts for Defense Against the Dark Arts."

Dominique and Hadley said yes, while James and Tate were a no. The boys were going to fly for a bit.

"Fred, want to join us?" Tate asked.

"Sure, mate, see you later, ladies," He said, mainly to Hadley, and kissed the top of her head.

"He's good to you Haddy-cakes," Maddy told her, using the nickname they made up in second year. Dom nodded her head in agreement, mouth too full for words.

"I know, he's sweet, isn't he."

"Love is gross. Anyways, I'm never going to get a boyfriend," Maddy said, resting her chin on her fist.

She didn't know why, but she had always been kind of wary of romance. She had never had a boyfriend, and as far as she knew, no one had ever liked her in that way. She blamed her skepticism on muggle books and movies. They had stories about love in almost every form, and Maddy had heard them all. She thought anyone too young to use magic didn't know what love was. It was all just kids overreacting at the first sign of attention from someone they liked.

"I feel that. Boys are idiots," Dom accentuated.

The three walked toward the library naming the idiotic boys and lovesick girls they knew. That is, except for the people in their friend group. No-one stopped to think that they were being biased they just enjoyed the companionship. The library was nearly empty, so they took spots near the windows. It was a breathtaking day. The lake was still, and the first years ran around the courtyard carelessly.

They got their work done a few minutes before their next class, double herbology with the Hufflepuffs. It went by smoothly, as the Hufflepuff kids were pleasant enough. After was charms, Maddy's favorite class. They recited the Aguamenti charm, and Dominique lost it when Maddy "accidentally" hit James in the face on her first try.

"WHY WERE YOU POINTING YOUR WAND AT MY FACE?" He yelled, wiping water out of his eyes.

The girl did feel bad. She hadn't known it was going to go out that far.

"James, are you alright? I'm sorry, I didn't know it was going to hit you," She said, running over. Maddy wanted to hug him but didn't because he was soaked.

"I'm fine," He replied as Professor Flitwick came over to dry him off. Maddy knew that he didn't want to continue talking about it, so she chose to drop it. Dominique, however, thought the whole thing was hilarious. She was rolling on the floor, and Tate was struggling not to do the same.

"James, I'm really sorry," She tried again after class was over, "Will you forgive me?" The girl gave him puppy dog eyes, attempting to get him to crack.

"Hmm. I guess, but you owe me one!" He answered, a smile finally breaking his grumpy demeanor.

"Deal."

"Okay, blah blah blah, but the expression on your face James, was absolutely priceless," Dom said, giggling again.

"It was pretty great," Tate confirmed over his shoulder as they walked through the crowded hallways in pairs.

Maddy glanced at James out of the corner of her eye and decided he wasn't going to hex her. So, she launched herself at him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Her chin only met his shoulder.

Haha, PRAnKed. Love you all :)

I don't own Harry Potter, obviously,

Copy my work, and I'll squish you like a bee