3- Reunion

The sight of the great hall was a welcome one as the kids sat down at their table

The sight of the great hall was a welcome one as the kids sat down at their table. Seeing the familiar faces was refreshing, and the smell was enrapturing. They watched the sorting ceremony, cheered when new Gryffindors arrived, and eagerly waited for the feast. When it eventually materialized, all four dug in. No one ate more than these four out of the whole school, and they prided themselves on it. Maddy caught up with Rose Weasley-Granger, another close friend, while the boys talked to Fred II. All of them were almost reluctant to leave the hall but were tired after a long day.

"Bye, Rosie," Maddy farewelled, hugging the younger girl. She then hugged Fred, who hadn't talked to her very much.

"See you tomorrow, Weasel," He smiled at the nickname. Fred was someone Maddy could always count on. She loved his girlfriend Hadley, who was another of her roommates.

Dom was finishing her goodbyes to James as Maddy hugged Tate. They switched, and James held her tightly.

"Bye, Mads," He whispered in her ear.

"I see you tomorrow, but bye Potter," She replied, softly laughing.

"I know," He murmured as they pulled away.

All of a sudden, Maddy was jumped on by none other than Hadley Thomas.

"MADDY-CAKES!" She no less than screamed, "YOU LOOK HOT AS FUCK!"

"HADDY-CAKES, YOU TOO," Maddy replied, keeping her balance while the girl was on her back. Hadley was a lot of fun and was always there for anyone who needed her. She was also an astounding chaser alongside James.

Dominique, Hadley, and Maddy walked away together after Hadley kissed Fred goodbye. The rest promptly feigned sickness. Hadley was a very affectionate person, and it made her so easy to love. The fat lady welcomed them, and they said, "fanned florae," the latest password. They took a fond look around the common room before racing to their three-person dorm. The girl dorms were somewhat smaller than the boys, due to different priorities. There was less drama and more space this way.

"You and James seemed close," Dominique observed, trying to pry information out of Maddy.

"He's my best friend, why wouldn't we," The blonde replied.

"You sure that's it?" She smirked, wriggling her eyebrows.

"Absolutely. There is nothing between Potter and me, plus I would tell you anyways if there was."

"Did I miss something?" Hadley asked, slightly confused.

"Tate and I went to check on Loius and Karson, and when we came back, James had his arm around her shoulders. Oh, and on the train, he had his legs on hers, and she untied one of his shoelaces. And did you see the way they hugged? Whispering to each other like that!" Dominique explained, her hands accentuating her point.

"We're just like that. I always untie his shoes. He was just saying goodbye to me," Maddy replied dismissively, waving her hand.

"I've always thought you two have great chemistry," Hadley ruled, receiving a high-five from Dom.

"Am I the only one who doesn't think Potter and I are a thing?"

"Not necessarily," Dominique laughed, "I don't know. Maybe it's just people that are close to you guys?"

Maddy rolled her eyes in response and grumbled, "That's no better."

She then changed the subject by asking Hadley how her summer was. The girl talked about her trip to America, how her family was, and then about what she was looking forward to in the school year. They then unpacked while talking about her and Fred's relationship, before asking Dominique if she liked anyone. They gossiped for a while, finished unpacking, and did muggle facemasks afterward.

Maddy was the muggle expert of the group, which was very surprising. Her father was known to hate them and was a blood purist. She knew that often, kids went to one extreme of their parent's beliefs- Agreeing with them wholly, or turning their back on it. Maddy was most definitely the latter. She didn't see the need for disliking someone different than her and took to learning everything she possibly could. Thankfully her parents didn't disown her and even tried to be supportive. She loved to research and found their way of life fascinating. Maddy was interested in anything she could get her brain around. Tate often called her a nerd, to which she would excuse as a compliment.

The girls said goodnight to each other and cozied into their beds. They thought of the next day and the homework it would most certainly bring.

Love you all, and I don't have a new poem, so...