two

two: I'M AFRAID OF THE DARK

"of course i'm not smiling."

  WEDNESDAY LED HER through the woods, baby making sure to grip his hand when she was too scared. she frowned as the trees surrounding her grew thicker, and until there was barely any light.

  this was it, she was going to die because of her foolish mistakes. she shouldn't have came with him.

  wednesday looked back at her, to notice her distressing face. he rolled his eyes and stopped abruptly. baby looked up in confusion. she couldn't see his face clearly, due to the lack of light, but she noticed his hand holding onto a massive tree branch. she thought she could hear rushing water, but she decided against it.

  "why'd you stop?" she asked him. he almost smirked at the dirty innuendos playing in his mind before he shushed them.

  "because we're here." he said blankly before lifting a nearby branch to reveal a beautiful sight. baby gasped and walked forward, under the branch, towards the edge of the cliff. there was grass, flowers, and a small stream that leaked over the cliff into a waterfall. she smiled brightly and went to sit on the grass.

  "come on." she yelled back at wednesday who was too busy staring at her reaction. he sneered, before sitting a few feet away from her. "isn't it beautiful?" she muttered under her breath.

  "i thought you'd like it." he muttered back, disgust evident in his voice. baby frowned, she didn't like the thought of him not being happy.

  "are you okay? do i make you feel uncomfortable? because if so i can leave."

  wednesday laughed aloud. "you definitely make me uncomfortable. but i like agony."

  "pain isnt my idea of fun." she teased slightly. wednesday lightly smiled, making baby's eyes widen. "are you smiling?"

  "what? of course i'm not smiling." wednesday shot back bitterly. he didn't like her. not one bit. in all honesty, he wasn't sure why he brought her here. but he knew that she occupied his mind and he wanted to figure out why.

  baby occupied herself from the tense silence by pulling at the grass. she didn't realize wednesday noticing her actions and approving of it. the grass was too lively anyways. obviously, the girl wasn't sure of her actions. but it was a defense mechanism for her to fiddle with her hands.

  "you make me nervous." she declared looking up at him. his eyes showed acceptance as he nodded slightly.

  "good."

  "why did you save me?" she questioned. wednesdays jaw clenched. she was too curious, and slightly annoying.

  "because you were stupid and you don't deserve death." baby's eyes widened before she stood. she decided she was leaving, he was scaring her and she didn't trust him. not at all. she stood abruptly, and made her way to the leaves before walking straight into the woods. wednesday watched her curiously before she disappeared.

  baby's breathing picked up as she realized she was alone, in the dark. she needed wednesday. "can you help me?" she called out to him, not daring to move from her spot. wednesday slowly got up and made his way into the woods, towards her. he took note of her scared stance.

  "what do you need?" he asked, boredly.

  "the dark scares me." she murmured truthfully, refusing to look him in the eye. wednesday liked this, he liked that she relied on him. he couldnt help but want to go over there and protect her. he wasn't sure why. "can you walk me to my cabin?"

  __

  baby was making friendship bracelets with her friends the next day. she had already made four, but because everyone loved baby, she had already received eleven. they stattered her wrists and ankles, she looked a bit funny. but it suited her. when she realized that no one had touched the black thread. she frowned.

  wednesday would've grabbed black first.

  making up her kind, she quickly grabbed the black and white friendship floss, and got to work. recently, wednesday took up a lot of the girls thoughts. and it made her annoyed. of course, he was beautiful. and mysterious, and he protected her. she longed for protection... ever since her father...

  baby shook her head and tucked a piece of her brunette hair behind her ear, before looking at her finished work. perfect!

  baby left the main cabin in search of wednesday, shockingly, she didnt find him too far off. he was sitting on the dock by himself, looking onto the lake. baby didn't like it, it was slightly chilly and he alone. she didn't want him to be alone. the young girl walked over before lightly tapping him on the shoulder. she quickly put her hands behind her back so he didn't notice the gift. he scowled once he noticed her.

  "what do you want?" he sneered. she gulped before pulling her arms from behind her back and showing the two new bracelets she made. a clear white one, with a dark black moon on it. and a black one, with a white sun on it. the bracelets looked different, yet they fit together.

  "i made you this," she murmured, loud enough to hear, before grabbing his hand and pulling the black one on. it fit perfectly. "i have the matching one," she placed her bracelet on.

  "why?"

  "because.." she stopped turning towards the lake as he watched her. wedneaday couldn't help but notice how angelic she looked at that moment. the sun hitting her featured perfectly, and her green eyes reflecting the water perfectly. she looked stunning. "you're my moon. and i'm your sun. some people don't think we'd belong together, and sometimes we despise eachother, but we both need eachother. i need you." baby answered truthfully. she couldn't believe her vulnerability in that moment, but she couldn't help it. she wanted him to know all about her, and she wanted him to know that she cared.

  wednesday interlocked their hands and turned toward the lake as well. they both sat side by side on the large dock in comfortable silence, watching as the sun went down.

______

A/N

wednesday is so cute and moody and omg sign me up to marry him.

something about those dreamy bad boys, i swear.

xoxo,

dee