eleven

eleven: A LAST CHANCE TO TALK WITH THE FROG

"what should i do, naveen?"

  THE FIRST THING THAT baby woke up to was a frog croaking. in her ear. at exactly 5:37 AM. baby groaned quietly and shoved her pillow over her face. one thing about baby: once she woke up, she was awake. she could not go back to sleep.

  she quietly got up and looked at the frog that set outside her ledge. she put on her slippers and tip-toed out of the cabin. she went to where her window was, and sure enough the frog was there.

  "why on earth did you wake me up?" she muttered to the frog. he only croaked back and started hopping towards the track. she rolled her eyes and started to walk back to the cabin when the croaking started again. she turned to see the frog, croaking at her? then he turned and ran toward the woods.

  it seems terrifying and all, but baby felt compelled to follow the frog. maybe he could help her.

  she started following the frog through the path, and thought. the sun was rising so it was beautiful outside. if anyone ever needs to think, a nice walk during sunrise does the trick.

  truth was, baby slept horrendously last night anyways. she kept thinking about wednesday, she missed him too. and it bugged her when she saw other girls around him. she knew she still liked him, but she couldn't trust him. he was a jerk, to say the least.

  the frog kept hopping ahead of her, and baby knew this path. he was leading her to the cliff. the thought alone made her smile. this was the frog that she saw when she was swimming!

  "how did you find me?" she muttered, moreso to herself. but the frog croaked in response. "okay, buddy."

  baby shivered a bit, she was still in her jammies! the sunrise was helping boost her mood, something about the change of colors in the sky was very significant to her. change, what a funny yet beautiful opportunity.

  when she reached the archway, she reached her hand to hold out the branches while she walked under them. the cute green animal was sitting on the grass, waiting for her.

  she smiled, "what do you want, naveen? i better not have to kiss you."

  he croaked in response. she laughed, pretending like she could understand. she was definitely morning high.

  "hey, my lips are reserved." she jokingly said before realizing what it meant. she sighed before sitting down and looking at the frog, "at least until he makes it up to me."

  she couldn't help but think of the first time she was at this beautiful place. she smiled as she thought of a memory.

  "are you smiling?"

  "what? of course i'm not smiling."

  but he was, and baby remembered it clearly. his smile was beautiful, even though he didn't do it often. she hated when he turned his head from her just so she wouldn't see that he was actually feeling something.

  "can i tell you something?" the frog croaked in response. she nodded and looked away toward the water before starting her ramble, "there's this boy, this stupid boy. he's really weird and different, but it was okay to me. i wanted to be weird and different with him. ya know?" she looked toward naveen for confirmation, he just stared at her blankly. "right, so i was an idiot and fell desperately for him. but he had the nerve to call me desperate! no one has the right to do that!" the frog croaked as baby raised her hands in appreciation. "thank you for agreeing! anyways, he left and then he came back and i decided i didn't need him," baby stopped before feeling a knot in her throat. she tried gulping it down but it wouldn't budge.

  she knew she needed him. she knew it.

  "but i do need him." she choked out before swallowing the lump in her throat. "so, what should i do, naveen?"

  he croaked a few times as she nodded her head. anyone looking in would've thought she was crazy. and maybe she was, but she didn't care.

  "really? you think i should.." she looked around making sure no one was listening before leaning forward and whispering, "forgive him?"

  he croaked in response.

  "you're right. he was just confused." she nodded her head before knowing what she needed to do. she stood up and dusted herself off before looking down at the frog. "thank you naveen." she said before blowing him a kiss. she definitely could not risk turning into a frog as well.

  she ran back toward her cabin before throwing the door open and ignoring the groans of the annoyed girls. she looked up at the clock, 8:49 AM.

  "okay girls, we have some work to do."

____

A/N

okay, so this story has gotten 200 more reads in two days? that's crazy! it's a bit embarassing too because i haven't had time to edit the past chapters yet but i will survive.

  also, i've gotten the first few chapters of two other fics done :) theres a hunger games fic and a ouat peter pan fic. so lmk if i should release those anytime soon ;)

anyways, have a good day/night :)

<3 - dee