thirty - final

The case finally came to halting close as the adults were also placed in prison for what they have done to hide the case from erupting. Most of the school board were charged for hiding the crime as Eunbin's father, Soonyoung, rushed to the school right when his daughter called him to fix the situation all around. He, of course, managed to bribe to intense amounts of money as the principal was also working to hide the case completely. 

Eunbin ended up finally confessing to her crimes as her father came clean to what he did, and he also exposed what his daughter did as he had no other ways to protect her. Gyuri watched from the audience side of the court as the case finally came to a close as Jinyoung was actually the last one to get trialed for his wrongdoings. He was led out of the court room as he saw Sanha's parents making a ruckus in the courthouse to see their son one last time. He was then stopped by Gyuri as she followed the officers outside to where the prison buses were waiting.

His face was smaller than when she first met him because he barely ate anything or drank anything since he was placed in a cell. She patted his shoulder as she spoke up with an assuring smile, "I know that some parts of you desperately wish to be freed. Sihyeon also talked to the court on some of the innocence you claimed since Sanha did get information of the scholarship...also he shared information about the tests answers. You aren't at complete fault, but I'm sure you know what I mean." 

Jinyoung didn't say anything in response as his eyes seemed to have answered her as he was then led onto the bus soon after she let go. Gyuri watched with a sigh as she was reminded of the time when Yohan was begging for his brother to be let go since he didn't know the full extent to why his brother was to go to prison. The world was a cruel place, and it was never easy to fit in because money and power determined everything. 

She crossed her arms silently as the bus backed away from the courthouse and started to drive down the road towards their new destined place. Someone approached her from behind as she turned her head to greet Sihyeon as she spoke up as they stared at the bus disappearing down the street, "Do you think they'll realize their mistakes?" 

"Teenagers don't usually.....but hopefully as they grow up."  

"As teenagers, you think you know the world because the world is going against you...but it gets worse when you get older." 

The two turned to face each other as Gyuri smiled to agree as Sihyeon let out a relieved smile as she proclaimed, "I'm moving to a different country...although, I think it would have been fun to work together, I think it would have been surely dramatic if we did. Taehyung is also moving to a different city as well." 

Gyuri's eyes widened as this was all new news for her as Sihyeon chuckled as she assured her, "I'm already in a relationship. Taehyung is leaving as this was his primary last case before he decided to leave." 

"I really didn't know." 

"When you get the chance, find the time to work with him so that he doesn't leave the business for good. I kind of regret not being able to convince him...we weren't exactly partners. But, I feel like you would work great with him since he needs to relax often and let other people do some of the work as well. You did great as this really made him realize that he should rest. Taehyung is ambitious but he is also naive just like every other human being out there. Someone just needs to always remind him that he's not a robot but a living person as well." 

"Taehyung!" 

Taehyung ran across the village as he hurried to help the grandmother who called his name. He immediately helped her as he placed the heavy bags on his cart as he cried out, "Grandma, I told you to not bring this all out! Where's your grandson?" 

She smiled mischievously as she replied with a tease, "I prefer seeing you since my grandson isn't as handsome as you are." 

Taehyung laughed loudly at her joke as he helped her onto the cart so that he could drop her off at where her home was. He even helped carry the bags to her front porch, and she shoved some pocket money into his pocket even he declined numerous times. He also received a popsicle stick in return as he skipped his way through the village as two years passed quickly. He moved down to his hometown village when the case came to a full conclusion as he then left his position to rest at home. 

In retrospect, it was probably the best decision he ever made. No worries, no drama, no stress, and no one to bother hell out of him. He did miss his friends though. 

Jungkook was now scouted by a private investigation team that he could work on more vigorous crimes. Jimin got promoted to work directly with Seokjin since he decided to stay back a year to finish some things before he moved to Germany as well. Yoongi sort of stopped working full time as the kids got worse, and he had to stay back at home to take care of them. As for Namjoon, he was flying across the world to work in New York with law-firm to release a book. 

"Taehyung!" 

He turned his head with a big smile as he made a new best friend back in the village who works in a dumpling shop and was a part-time street dancer, Jung Hoseok. They also lived together since Taehyung didn't fully want to live at home with his parents. He lived with Hoseok, and they were getting close with one another. Hoseok also provided free dumplings at times which was a big money saver for Taehyung. Taehyung ran off as he needed to pick up some things as Hoseok reminded him that they needed a few supplies for their place. 

He was wandering around the bridge as he was about to cross to enter another village for the market. But, he stopped in his footsteps as he threw away his empty popsicle stick as the atmosphere around the river wasn't that fresh like it always was. Something was super rotten as his sixth sense started to pry into his investigative state once more. He tried not to but it was still a natural sense in him that he started to snoop around the bridge until he came across a wet, dark suitcase. He already suspected the worse as he envisioned something bad to appear in it. 

He saw dried bits of dark brown blood that was formed around the zipper, and he didn't want to go near it since his fingerprints might appear. He called the nearby police station as he waited for them arrive so that he would be on his way. He was playing a game on his phone as an officer approached with a familiar tone, "I got a report about a suspicious suitcase." 

He remembered the day he met an officer that was clumsy and was not that great at her job at first. He hated working with her since she was too energetic for him. He blinked quietly as he used his hand to shade his vision so that he could get a clear glimpse of the person he was curious about. The officer widened her eyes immediately as she recognized who it was as Taehyung spoke out, "Where's the salute?" 

"That's for the military...but-" 

Gyuri smiled brightly as she saluted him immediately as he gave a smug smile in return. He never expected to see her in a village that he thought he was an only one. He replied back with a tease, "You missed me so much that you came down to work here?" 

A different voice interrupted them as he immediately recognized the voice as well, "Actually, we are patrolled down here since Gyuri  noona made a mistake." 

Yohan saluted with respect as he bowed at Taehyung, who rolled his eyes in his head since he knew that Yohan was a little rascal. But Gyuri ignored what Yohan said as she sighed with relief, "Well, I guess we have to solve this case since I never got an incident like this ever since I came down six months ago." 

"And this is the first time I had to deal with a police officer- or I guess two police officers since I came down here two years ago." 

Yohan passed out some gloves and masks as he warned them to protect themselves from any possible chemicals that may stench out in return as he went towards the suitcase first to reveal the body inside. Taehyung turned his attention to Gyuri who was staring at him the entire time as he gestured her to enter the river, "After you." 

"Says the retired policeman whose not supposed to intervene." 

"Well maybe if you're going to be on this case, then I might just come back to finish this case off with you."