5

Borjana Mid 1900's

The ethereal maiden Morgana, awoke to the warmth of a wildly rugged wolf pressing up snugly against her naked breasts. She untangled the strange wolf from her plump breasts curious at the strange sense of emptiness that filled her heart the moment she moved away from the creature.

Morgana ventured out of her sleeping chambers towards the precious drawer which contained her life's work inside of it. She remembered her father carving this mahogany drawer while smiling proudly at the end of her first successful hunt.

She looked at the vials of herbs, the specimen of animal's blood, and the jars with flower petals with a particular fondness towards those early years.

Morgana remembered running through the fields of flowers in the summers with Annatlia as they searched for herbs throughout the mountain together.

For her father, It was always a competition between them both, and Morgana always rose to the occasion, while Annatlia never even tried.

For Morgana though, spending time with her sister Annatlia was always very exciting, and she looked forward to their adventures.

As a witch Annatlia was very fantastical with her modernistic values. It worked as children but the older they grew the more curious Annatlia became of the world outside their own.

Morgana and Annatlia didn't know the dangers of the world back then. There was a strange world outside of these mountains filled with strange creatures.

Annatlia was too open, but father nipped that in the bud real quick by sending her off with their banished mother.

Morgana was special, she was a pure witch, with a destiny weighted upon her shoulders, and so she stayed behind.

Morgana was sad, but as the years passed she had almost forgotten about Annatlia entirely. This most recent visit from Annatlia, reminded Morgana of the foolishness of the strange creatures that lived beyond these mountains, the creatures whom Annatlia chose to surround herself with.

It was all because of that silly little prophecy of the townsfolk. The prophecy involved a strong magical wolf that had the power to transform into a human being. It was sad to watch Annatlia fall victim to the madness of those creatures and believe such a beast existed.

Morgana didn't want to think about that now. She had a ritual to perform this morning and she needed a particular herb to perform that ritual. The particular herb had to be handled with care in order for the ritual to be completed properly.

Morgana knew just the place where the herb could be used. She walked towards the natural hot springs located in her special fortress with the ingredients in a pouch that she harvested from the hide of a deer many moons ago. The natural springs were a sight to behold as they released water vapor into the air.

Morgana emptied the vial of boiled eucalyptus into the water and placed her deer pouch on its' resting place on the stony path. She waded through the springs, relishing the sensation of the eucalyptus warming her naked skin.

She particularly enjoyed the power of eucalyptus to help restore her inner balance. As she waded through the steamy water, she was able to remove all thoughts of her strange sister from her mind.

Morgana breathed deeply, circulating the air into her lungs, and the inner balance of her body felt restored. She felt herself drifting away towards complete restoration.

Clang.

Morgana turned towards the mysterious sound. The ritual was ruined by that sound. The stench of something animalistic invaded the air.