I Melt with You

Music Notes
Age: 15 and 16
(Back to summer 2019)

"I'll stop the world and melt with you
You've seen the difference,
And it's getting better all the time
There's nothing you and I won't do."

••••

One foot forward, then another foot back again, repeat a few times, and then spin the girl around again?

Finn tried his best, but it was no use... he couldn't dance for shit and he knew it to, but it was okay because neither could she, and she didn't seem to care in the slightest.

For some reason he didn't care either and for another reason nothing else around him mattered right now... the only thing that mattered to him was the girl jumping around in front of him while everything else around him was slowly starting to fade away...

All he saw was her dancing in front of him, with him, she was a happy fluff of pink cotton candy this night, and Finn couldn't believe he was with her... on a dance floor...

Finn did not dance. Never. He hated to dance, and he couldn't do to save the life of him, but there had been a nagging urge in his mind tonight telling him to push his anxiety aside on the subject of dancing.

Well he knew deep down why that urge was there... it was because of her... because when she was around him he felt like he could accomplish anything...

Millie was a bright shining light in this world, and Finn would swear on that. She was always so happy and full of positivity and encouragement.

She was his light even if she didn't know it, and that's why he was dancing here with her now at the Season three premiere of Stranger Things.

Finn just wanted to make her happy tonight even if that meant dancing with her in front of everyone else perhaps looking like a fool because he couldn't dance.

In front of everyone and all their cameras to, but for some reason tonight he didn't care who saw them or who was recording them, and he definitely wouldn't care about all the freak outs the fans would be having momentarily.

All that mattered right now was that he had successfully pushed away his anxiety to dance with the beautiful girl goofily spinning around in front of him...

"Finn! You stepped on my dress!" Millie yelled over the music and he only shot his hands up in defense. "Sorry, sorry!"

She only laughed taking his hands in hers again and keeping him to jump around to the music with her.

Millie's hands were rather small in his he noticed... he could fit his whole hand around hers, but as their fingers linked deep down Finn felt as if her hands belonged in his, and their fingers fit perfectly intertwined together.

Millie's pretty laugh rang out barley audible over the loud music when Finn tried to spin her again, but this time he somehow ended up in her arms against her. Now he could only laugh with her as they kept dancing, and Maya would join them here and there.

••••

Millie would be lying she said she wasn't shocked when Finn called her over to him and asked her if she wanted to dance with him.

Maybe she was being naive, but in her own world Finn only seemed to dance with her, and she felt so incredibly special when Finn danced with her, but this was a whole new level.

He was full on goofily dancing in his own way with her forgetting about all of the people and cameras. Little did Millie know she was right though...

Finn's one exception to his no dancing rule was Millie. She just made it hard to say no to things and he loved to be goofy and silly around her. Finn could be himself around her even if that meant dancing with her.... but only her. He didn't want to dance with anyone else. Millie was special to him.

She was special in a way he had never felt for someone before. Everything about her made him feel some type of way, and somehow he knew it was the same feeling for her.

Finn made Millie feel happy and completely carefree, like she could always be here truly completely silly and caring self around him.

She knew to, that Finn would always be there for her, no matter what separate paths they would take later in life he would still be there for her when she needed him and when she didn't.

They would always need each other in one way or another though... Finn and Millie's bond was quite special...

They had a form of chemistry no one else in the cast had, it was just there for them. They were very different people with very different ideas and likes, but they could still come together as one just the same.

Neither one of them knew it, but they both made each other's heart heat faster, and nerves gather in their stomachs.

Maybe they wouldn't admit today, tomorrow, or anytime soon, but a day would come indefinitely when they would not be able to hide it anymore... They would finally admit what has been and continues to grow inside of both of their hearts for each other.

It is a four letter word that waits to be said one day, a four letter word that's so easy to hear, yet sometimes so hard to say, but of course Finn and Millie's day would come...

But for now all that mattered was how the world melted away this night while they danced so they could melt together again...

Song: I Melt With You
By: Modern English

Author's Note: So there's that... idk I feel really nostalgic recently with Fillie, plus I miss them super extra right now and I don't know why.🥺

But I hope you guys enjoyed this little one shot, I know these are pretty short, but lengths with my one shots always vary so just hang with me.

Hope everyone's staying safe and healthy and staying home!!

See you guys next part!💜