00

Lyra (3)

"Are you sure you can't stay any longer?"

Ruka had her arm locked with mine as we followed the men who were taking my belongings to my Sky Bison, Mochi.

"I wish I could stay longer, but the message from my father sounded really urgent. I want to get there by morning. But I'll come back as soon as I can." I reassured her.

She smiled. "Bring that boyfriend of yours next time. I'm sure your grandfather would love to meet him. He and Izumi sends their apologies for not being here today."

I waved her off. "Oh, tell them it's not a problem. I understand."

We stopped walking once we reached the edge of the grass. Mochi was ready with my luggage on her saddle. "I'll miss you, Ruka. Thank you for everything." I hugged her tightly and she did the same.

"Say hello to everyone for me. Have a safe trip."

I smiled as I pulled away from her. She squeezed my hand one more time before I walked away. I got settled on Mochi and waved once more. "Yip-yip!"

>>>

When I reached the island, I saw a huge airship with everyone still outside on the bottom. When they took sight of me, I heard their calls as they waved excitedly - the kids with both of their arms in the air.

Mochi made her way down to them carefully. Once we were down, I jumped off and walked quickly to my family.

"Lyra!" "Ly-ly!" "You made it!" "Did you meet the Fire Lord?! Both of them!?"

"Oh, I'm so glad you made it back safely." My father sighed in relief, embracing me.

"Sure did. And I brought back some souvenirs!" I clapped my hands together to my siblings. "I think you'll like them."

"Yay!" Ikki and Meelo cheered. Jinora simply smiled gratefully.

I pointed behind me. "They're on the saddle. Go ahead."

The two younger ones wasted no time. Jinora stayed back and grabbed my hand. "I'm happy you got here on time. It wouldn't be the same without you."

"Hopefully you're up for it. I know you spent a little while away from home already." Korra said.

I nodded quickly. "This is going to be fun... but what exactly are we doing?"

"I'll fill you in on the way."

Two hands grabbed my shoulders from behind me. I turned around and Mako stood there, charming as ever.

"Hi!" I practically jumped onto him. "Mm, I missed you so much."

"I missed you, too. I can't wait to hear about your trip."

"Ugh, it was amazing. We have to go back together this time."

"Hate to interrupt you about your amazing trip - that I didn't get invited to - but, it's time for us to go." Bolin said. I chuckled before putting my arm around him. "You can come next time too."

"Apology accepted, then."

"Okay, everyone, onto the airship. It's time to go!" My father announced.

We said goodbye to my mother and Aunt Kya then followed each other onto the airship.