Tanaka x Reader

Soulmate AU - Skin only allows images and single words(deemed of irrelevance i.e. no city names, names, locations).

Tanaka RyuunosukexF!Reader One Shot

It wasn't unusual for people to still date despite being in a world of soulmates. It was frowned upon, but people are people. People have different priorities and reasons.

Tanaka Ryuunosuke is a respectable person. Despite his wild manners and delinquent attitude, Tanaka is always reliable and fiercely loyal. He seems to be one who would cling on every word and action of his soulmate, not sparing a glance at anyone else.

So why was he here at this bench, in this mall, having just been stood up by his potential blind date. Why was Tanaka not sitting in his room gazing at his arm with a firm grip on a marker?

Tanaka sighed. Was there simply no one in the universe meant to be his partner in life?

For the longest of times, Tanaka Ryuunosuke wanted to meet his soulmate. That is, if he even had one. Despite the constant "Hi"s and doodles, he never found an unexplained mark on his skin. His eyes only ever met his own lopsided writing. Everyone always had a mark whether it be something well drawn or the accidental mark of a pen.

His skin seemed to remain hauntingly bare.

It wasn't until towards the end of primary school did he start feeling worried though. Tanaka always tried to be positive when he thought about his bare skin, but eventually the growing pains got to him. Stressful conversations and some stray tears were held with his older sister and their mother. They always reassured him, his soulmate was out there waiting for him too. He remained positive.

It was only when a few of the first years began meeting their soulmates when these feelings came back. It's just incredible what doubt can do to people sometimes. After practice and during some late night, the feelings came back. He never spoke about it to his family or friends as he didn't want to be pitied. He didn't want to pity himself either. It was annoying. He always clapped his hands together to remind himself of the stinging feeling of spiking of a volleyball. There is a lot to life, otherwise he wouldn't be working so hard.

"Oi! Tsukishimi! Have some respect for your senpai!" Tanaka seethed as the blonde tower smirked down at him.

The next set to the heated spiker resulted in a fiery point and a half naked male whipping his shirt around. Tanaka hollared as Daichi sighed behind him. Why did Tsukishima always have to go and egg him on?
---
Tanaka was extremely content with his life, at times he felt selfish for even wanting more.  He would wish he could jump higher or just be a bit less mediocre, but those moments were few and short.

He tried to hold the same confidence in his love life. Even if he didn't have a soulmate, love still exists. There surely had to be a chance for him.

...Tanaka sighed, leaning back on the bench. It has reached an hour past the time his date was meant to arrive. Of course he was stood up. It'll be fine though, he was only in high school.

Tanaka clenched his fist in front of his face and his eyes squeezed shut in determination. He surely would find his own soulmate... even if the universe didn't give him one to begin with. Whether it be in 10 minutes or 70 years, he'll earn the right to call someone his partner. It may be his 3rd failed date, but it's going to be fine.

It has to.

Parting his eyes once again, Tanaka sucked a breath in. His field of vision was completely blocked by a pair of bright eyes. The person leant back and laughed.

The girl grasped her sides chuckling, "S-Sorry! I didn't realize I was so close. Sorry, that was awkward, I'm awkward. I'll stop." Tanaka froze, finally seeing the girl in front of him. His mouth moved, but no words left his lips. Recognizing the long period of silence that was occuring, the girl's laughter became edged with nerves and slowed, not that Tanaka realized. Her hands gripped together, "It was just that I noticed you seemed a bit sad...and..uh I work in the ice cream shop..right there.. Do you want a free scoop? Eh, we also have popsicles, if you're more into that."