Four

"So... What's up with Lalisa? I mean that question and . . . it was just weird." I tug my shirt over my head and grind my teeth.

"You seriously want to go to this party?"

"Come on. We stayed home for the last one. It'll be fun."

"It's never fun."

"Not true. You always say that and then once you're there you're crushing everyone at beer pong." A small smile escapes onto my lips.

"I'm not in the mood this time."

"'Cause of Lisa?"

"What?"

I'm being paranoid now.

"Well, cause you two were fighting? The party will be huge; you could easily avoid her. Or just play nice for once?"

Ha! Play nice? If only you knew.

"I mean it seemed like you two were good for awhile, anyway."

He went to touch my shoulder and I shrugged away from him.

"Baby . . You know when you two fight it's like you're not even my girlfriend anymore."

"What's that supposed to mean!"

"Every time you and Lisa start fighting it's like you don't even want me anymore. You always distance yourself from me. What do you even fight about?"

"It's nothing."

"Do you even want this anymore?"

Shit.

"I'm just frustrated. Let's just go to that stupid party." His face picks up into a smile.

Im so fucked up.

.
.
.

When we get to the party the first thing I notice how it was pretty much packed with people all the way through. Maybe, I wouldn't see Lisa . . . Who am I kidding, we always find each other somehow.

"Let's do shots."

Kai smiles as I pull him through the crowd to a table full of drinks. I just want this as bearable as possible, as fast as possible, before any of the shit, I know will happen, does.

"I told you it'd be fine." He says in my ear as his hands wrap around my waist. It's nice and comforting at most. Not a second later, something catches the side of my eye. Lisa's talking to some girl. The girl moves her hand over Lisa's arm as she continuously smiles and bats her eyes at Lisa. My Lisa. I unconsciously start to dig my nails into kai's neck and I guess he noticed my stiffness because he finally stops talking and follows my line of sight just as Lisa looks up at us with a knowing smile. Of course I don't process all of this till Kai looks back at me and grabs my attention.

"Jennie." He turns me away from her so I look at him.