CHAPTER TWO

- CHAPTER TWO -
"A DRUNKEN MIND SPEAKS SOBER THOUGHTS."

 Kalani had never liked partying

She cursed herself for succumbing to peer pressure by Ronda; to agree to celebrating her debut at a bar. Her regret furthered at the sight of the entire 'Total Divas' cast and camera crew following her peers' every move.

Her life was supposed to be private, which is why she declined the show immediately after being asked about it. Besides, she believed that the show was disrespectful to what women's professional wrestling really was. When Ronda had agreed to the show, it took Kalani a long time to look at her the same way.

Across the table, Travis Browne glared at Kalani. Ronda's husband had never been a fan of Kalani, and the feeling had been mutual.

Kalani was unsure of why the two had such a disconnect. Perhaps Travis reminded her too much of her father.

But what was Travis' excuse?

His constant stare towards her made her insecure about her black eye worsening. Suddenly she wished she had worn makeup to cover it up.

Though Kalani vowed not to be fearful of men after her father, her constant worry about the man in front of her proved otherwise. There was a difference between a petite woman being able to defend herself and a large man inflicting pain on said woman.

Not that she was accusing him—the tabloids and news articles had already done that for her.

Right as Kalani had readied herself to leave the table out of discomfort and call and an Uber to her hotel, Ronda and Nattie caught her attention. "We need to order shots for the table," Ronda had said.

Her best friend reluctantly followed the other two towards the bar for Nattie to order the alcohol. As the trio waited, Kalani watched her two friends lean against the counter and look to her.

"Drew tried to talk to Kalani today, Ronda," Nattie spoke, causing Kalani's blue orbs to shoot towards her. Boy talk wasn't foreign among the friends; however, Kalani felt uneasy speaking on the Scottish Psychopath after seeing two of her confidants so weary of the wrestler. Immediately, she felt an anxiety run through her.

Ronda's eyebrows raised at her best friend. "Oh," she said, discomfort clear in her tone. "What did he want?"

Nattie and Ronda awaited Kalani's answer, to which she spoke the same lie she had earlier that day. "He saw me retrieving my necklace and complimented me on my debut," she swallowed. "He left after Nattie came over."