Chapter 2

Irvin Fang

Brown hair

Onyx eyes

Alpha

28

6'2

Wolf - Absolute black

Mate - Ansel Luo

Traits - Self Confident, Daring, Leader, Mysterious, Strong ambition to get revenge, Cold.

Hobbies - Too caught up in getting his revenge to have a hobby so his hobby is basically coming up with plans to get revenge. However after meeting with Ansel, he seems to forget a little about his revenge and becomes softer.

~~~

"Wake up!" A harsh voice sounded from the other side of the bar, as they threw in two loaves of bread. "That's all you're having today."

Before the servant could leave, Ansel desperately shouted, "Wait! Is it possible if you could give us medicine for my sister's injuries. Please!" The servant threw an angry glare at him, "Heal yourselves!." Then, he stomped out cursing to himself.

Ansel looked down grimly. Then, he took the two pieces of bread. Keeping the other one on the side, he separated the first bread into three. Giving a piece to Hunter. Hunter was luckily not hurt, but his sister had a lot of injuries. It should have healed by now, but for some reason it was not. It was healing very slowly. He guessed it must be because she was exhausted and weak. His heart pained. It felt like knives were repeatedly stabbing him.

He woke up Accalia, gently. She opened her eyes weakly. Ansel helped her lay her back on the wall, so she could support herself when eating. "Are you not going to eat?" She asked, slowly, holding the two pieces of bread given by Ansel. He shook his head quickly, forcing a smile. "I already ate some."

Accalia didn't protest, she was too hungry and weak to ask anything else. She slowly ate the hard bread little by little, trying to savor it. Though, it tasted like shit. It could be the last meal they eat. Tears started to well up in her eyes. She quickly wiped it away, and continued eating. Ansel didn't say anything, he knew what she was thinking. His thoughts were interrupted when Hunter shook him.

"Brother, when are we getting out of here? Where's mommy and daddy?" He asked with his small voice. Hunter was only 8. He still hasn't even gotten to see what his wolf looked like. It was too soon for him to die. He still had so much more to explore. His mate also might be around the world, waiting for him as well. Hoping to meet him when they are much older.

Again, his thoughts were interrupted. But this time it was someone else. He immediately recognized this scent. If he turned, he would see his other half, his mate that he was supposed to spend his entire life with. The mate that was supposed to be his reassurance, his safe place. But not anymore, if he turned, he would face his worst enemy. The enemy that killed his parents. The one who took away his home.

His body trembled, his heart and wolf told him to turn and face his mate. He wanted nothing more than to jump into his arms. However, the last part of rationality he had in him, refused to give into the word 'mate'. Before he was his mate, he was an enemy. He was torn between the two.

It felt like his entire being was pulled, when the man ordered, "Get the eldest son out of there and bring him to my chambers." However, Ansel's will was strong enough, he still didn't turn when the man's voice rumbled. It gave him butterflies in his stomach. He was ready to leave everything for him. Ansel hated himself for this.

Just as the servant was about to grab him, Accalia swatted it away, getting in between Ansel and the servant. Hunter also hugged Ansel by his waist. Ansel wore an expression of pain. The servant cursed, and was about to Accalia, until Ansel grabbed his wrist.

"I'll come. Don't hurt them." Ansel finally spoke, as his eyes gazed on Irvin. Irvin didn't reply, and simply turned around. The servant yanked back his hand, and grabbed Ansel by his wrist. "Come!"

"Ansel!" Accalia shouted, unable to move anymore. She already used the energy she saved. Ansel looked back and smiled. "Don't worry. I'll be back." Accalia held her youngest brother, as she watched the other one being taken away. Her heart swelled with anger and sadness. She felt weak and useless. She was the Alpha to be. What right does she have to be the Alpha, if she can't even save her twin brother.

She forcefully stood up, but immediately fell back. Her whole body throbbed. Her muscles ached. She raised her hand to hit the ground out of frustration, but she couldn't even lift it high enough. It just fell back down. She cried out. Hunter, who was confused, cried along with her.

***

Ansel landed on his knees, as he was pushed down to the floor. He used his arms to support himself from head butting the floor. He didn't however dared to look up. He just inhaled and exhaled quickly. Trying to hold back himself. The presence of his mate in the room wasn't helping.

"You may go." Irvin's deep voice rang into his ears. The servants obeyed and immediately left the room. A torturing silence came across the room. Ansel's heart throbbed really bad. Thoughts rushed through his head. Why did he have to go through this? Why did the Moon goddess choose his enemy to be his mate?

"I'm sure you know what is going on." Irvin began, causing Ansel to flinch. "I will not harm you. However, as long as you are a direct bloodline of Aki Luo's. I will spare you no mercy. From today on, you will work as a slave."

Ansel's heart throbbed with pain. He wanted to cry. He felt like throwing up. His mate was rejecting him. His wolf whimpered with sadness. It took everything in Ansel to not cry out. "What of my sister and brother?" His voice trembled.

"Your sister will work as a slave as well. However, what can your little brother do? He hasn't even reached the age of ceremony. He will be useless and a waste of space." Irvin said coldly. He still had not turned his face to Ansel.

"I beg you.." Ansel bit down the last pride he had. "Please, let him live." Irvin finally faced him. His gaze was however cold and distant. It held no sympathy, nor any kind of feelings. It was just empty. "Fine. We will throw him out in the forest. Tomorrow morning. No more objections."

Before Ansel had any chance to protest, Irvin shouted at the servants to get him and put him back to the dungeons. Ansel however struggled and shouted multiple times, to let all of them go. Until the door closed.

He was thrown inside the dungeon, where his siblings and him resided. He felt empty. Accalia asked him what happened. He told her everything, though his tears, leaving out the part that Irvin was his mate.