𝖬𝖮𝖲:𝟩 𝖰𝖴𝖤𝖤𝖭

[IN WHERE MAEUM
IS A QUEEN]

[IN WHERE MAEUM IS A QUEEN]

MAP OF THE SOUL: 7 is the fourth Korean-language (seventh overall) studio album by BTS

MAP OF THE SOUL: 7 is the fourth Korean-language (seventh overall) studio album by BTS. The follow up of MAP OF THE SOUL: PERSONA, it was released on February 21, 2020, containing a total of 22 songs. The album consists of solo songs for each member which was previously done on their LOVE YOURSELF TRILOGY albums as well as their WINGS album. KING is one of nine "solo songs" with first time rapping by Ki Maeum.

"SOLO" SONGS TRACKLIST
INTRO: PERSONA (RM)
MOON (SEOKJIN)
QUEEN (MAEUM)
INTERLUDE: SHADOW (YOONGI)
OUTRO: EGO (HOSEOK)
FILTER (JIMIN)
INNER CHILD (TAEHYUNG)
MY TIME JUNGKOOK)

❝You can hold the title of king
But watch the queen conquer
And have the king's head
On a platter.❞
— 𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘𝗗: February 21, 2020
— 𝗚𝗘𝗡𝗥𝗘: Kpop, Rap, R & B
— 𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗚𝗧𝗛: 3:45
— 𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗚𝗘: Korean, English
— 𝗟𝗔𝗕𝗘𝗟: BigHit Entertainment
— 𝗦𝗢𝗡𝗚𝗪𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗥(𝗦): Kim Namjoon, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Ki Maeum
— 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗗𝗨𝗖𝗘𝗥(𝗦): Min Yoongi, Pdogg

— 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗬:
There was much opportunity as to what would make of each member's solo song. Preparation for rapping ad gone even before the album's discussion but, confidence in rapping was not something Maeum had gained as of yet. However, three smiling faces belonging to the group's rappers had her thrown for a loop of confusion that ended with her stuck in Namjoon's studio as the four of them brainstormed lyrics and what they wanted for Maeum's solo. What started as calm and collective ideas from each member resulted in the three rappers belting out in unison about fucking up the patriarchy and how men ain't shit. All while Maeum sit back and agreed wholeheartedly.

But even with the help of her members, Maeum still felt unsure of her rapping. She didn't have the lifelong experience that the members had, would she even be well enough to have her solo song entirely in rap? As the wise words of Yoongi told her through her thoughts of hesitation "if groups can debut members with less experience than her and succeed then so can she" and with all three of her coaches helping her, standing by her side through it all giving her the confidence boost she needed, then she would succeed.