➸ six : flower gleam and glow

( 006 )FLOWER GLEAM AND GLOW❝ YOU'RE SPECIAL, BLONDIE ❞

( 006 )
FLOWER GLEAM AND GLOW
YOU'RE SPECIAL, BLONDIE

EMERGING FROM THE SURFACE DOWN A STREAM THAT RAPUNZEL AND THOMAS FOUND THEMSELVES BEING DRAGGED BY WHEN THEY FOUND AN ESCAPE TO THE CAVE, BOTH WERE RELIEVED TO BE ALIVE. Albeit, Thomas wasn't necessarily ecstatic that he let go his biggest secret he'd managed to keep for more than a decade and ended up not even dying, but he got the impression he was making a better picture of himself for Rapunzel to deal with for the next few days. The blue daytime sky has fallen into an orange and yellow hue, and Thomas was now aware they needed to find somewhere to camp for the night.

But there was one thing he needed to try and deal with first

"Oh my God, her hair glows. Why does her hair glow?!" Thomas screams, any sense of what he had learned about real life and that fantasy and magic was literally that, dissipated into jumbles of nonsense. He stares at Pascal, who Rapunzel found was taken by the stream and picked him up, and the chameleon shrugs, walking to Rapunzel's open hand.

"That's not all it does. You coming or what?" The teenaged girl replies, already out and standing on the forest floor, extending her hand to Thomas, who was still waist deep in water and muttering to himself all kinds of crazy nonsense.

After a few seconds of not replying, Thomas rolls his eyes, reluctantly accepting Rapunzel's hand and feeling deeply uncomfortable walking in a forest with wet clothes hung onto his body, feeling ten pounds heavier than before.

"So...crazy afternoon or what?" Thomas lightly chuckles, nudging Rapunzel's shoulder with his own, his face staring down at her reaction.

Rapunzel tenderly bites her lip in nervousness, tucking her hair behind her ear, her line of sight directed at the grass. "Yeah..." She trails off, her adrenaline and energy from almost dying in a water filled cave wearing off, and so was her confidence around her adventurous companion. "You do this everyday? I can't go through with this all the time ── I think I'll die of a heart stopping panic attack."

The comment made Thomas cry out a hearty laugh, one that forced him to clutch his stomach and lean forward, his soaked curls splashing onto his eyes. "I try to avoid it everyday. I'm just making a living."

"But from stealing? You could do so much more with your life!"

Thomas rolls his eyes, waving his hand. "Pfft, you're almost twenty and have your tower and your mum to make sure you survive. I've been on my own for years."

Rapunzel frowns, finding a small half hemisphere of logs, perfect for the night time dusk that had quickly fallen on the forest, sitting on one. "Why were you on your own, Tom? What happened?"