5- Jealousy thy name Adora

hi :3

if u get the reference of the title of this chapter you're amazing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Adora's POV:

My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. It all went in slow motion... The click of the gun... The sudden force on my left side, How I fell to the floor only to open my eyes and see her chest get impacted, how i saw her body hit the metal wall and from there to the floor, seeing her go unconscious as the clones surrounded us more....

I saw one of their filthy hands go to grip her arm. Catra's arm. He's touching her. He isn't allowed to touch her.

I don't even know what happened....

Suddenly, just as quick as the last moment, there was a bright flash and I heard voices and weapons firing.... But everything I heard was muffled and I could only hear the fast and loud beating of my heart near my eardrums as I shakily took Catra's unconscious body that had now been abandoned since the clone was now fighting, and cradled her tightly in my arms, because I was afraid if I let go at even the slightest she would get out of my grasp again... She would drift away again...

The fighting had stopped now as a horrible loud sound pierced through the hallway, causing me to look up but cling Catra's body closer to me on instinct...

It was Bow and Glimmer... I think Glimmer had used the last of her power to teleport back here since I'm sure she hadn't gotten the chance to re-charge in a while.... Bow had used one of his sonic arrows which caused the clones to drop their weapons and cover their.... ears? Do they even have ears? It doesn't matter.... Catra's still hurt and it's all because of me.

Bow aimed an arrow at the clones and shot a few, managing to catch them in a net that came out of each arrow. With all the clones successfully caught, he turned off the horrible sound coming from the sonic arrow causing Glimmer and Bow to both sigh in relief.

Suddenly, I saw Glimmer's eyes widen, her face going pale a bit as her eyes landed in my direction.

"Catra!" She screamed, running at full speed toward me and sliding to her knees in front of me.

"W-What happened?! Is she hurt?! How could you let this happen?!" She said, her eyes scanning Catra for any injuries in my arms before she completely snatched her from them and she held her close in her arms.

My stomach churned and chest filled with a mixture of rage and sadness at the sight, my arms feeling empty now. I tried to answer but my throat was closed up and all that came out was a shaky breath.

"We've got to go to the castle now!" She said, getting up and holding Catra bridal style, causing me to clench my shaky fists a bit.

Glimmer tried taking a step but lost her balance a bit, her body shaking.

"Glimmer!" Bow said, worried.

I got up and tried to take Catra but Glimmer only tightened her grip.

"W-What are you doing?"

"I'll take her." I said, my voice going raspy.

"What? After what you let happen to her? No!" She snapped back...

"Just.... give her to me!" I said, successfully taking Catra's arms but Glimmer was clinging to her legs...

"Stop! You'll drop her!"

"Then let go!"

"No! You let go!"

"No you!"