16- Krytis

Just wanted to say: No, I didn't forget about the Star Siblings they are just coming in later chapters. ❤️❤️

Enjoy! The chapter is kinda long lmao

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Adora's POV:

I slowly opened my eyes, shifting from the comfortable position I was laying in wrapped in a warm haze, contrast to the coldness of the room itself.

I inhaled gently, my eyes focusing on the figure laying peacefully in front of me.

Catra's small snores found their way to my ears and I couldn't help the small smile that graced it's way onto my lips as I looked at her, taking in all of her features.

I suddenly felt the rest of the room fading away and disappearing completely only leaving Catra. There was something about being this close to her. This close without having to fight each other. That I couldn't help but stare.

It was just like when we were cadets in the Horde, those rare times we would have sleepovers and would lay this close to each other whispering about...
you know, whatever...

I felt my cheeks heat up at the thought, before my eyes drifted onto the many freckles that delicately adorned her face.

Are those freckles near the top of her cheek new?

Yeah those are definitely new.

I remember I would always try to count those freckles whenever I could. I could never finish though, we'd always have to get up for training or for cadet drills. I missed being this close to her... to think I almost lost her for good not so long ago...

No... don't think that way... focus on something else.

Her hair.

Even in it's newly short state she still looked as beautiful as ever. Long hair with those gray tuffs, long slicked back hair, shoulder-length, it doesn't matter. I'm starting to think Catra can pull off any look.

That's Catra for you...

Maybe it was the way her ears perked up whenever she would find something exciting or interesting.

Maybe it was the way her nose crinkled slightly when she laughed.

Maybe it was her laugh itself, like a sweet melody I just can't get enough of. The way it was a laugh that only fit Catra... A laugh that one could spot from a mile away and it could immediately bring warmth to your chest.

The best laughs were when she genuinely found something funny and she would double down in laughter and small tears would form in the edges of her eyes...

Maybe it was the sarcastic sassy remarks she would make once in a while...

Those remarks that somehow made Catra even more charming to be around... at least I think of it that way..

Maybe it was the mischevious glint she would have once in a while when she had a really bad idea but would somehow convince me to go through with it anyway... And I would never have it any other way.

Maybe it was how genuine she could be... This softer side Catra doesn't show to anyone... Anyone except me... It made my heart speed up at the thought.

Or maybe it was her eyes...

Those multi-colored irises that seemed to entrance anyone who dared look into them for too long. They were a mystery to look at, a maze to figure out, but if you knew where to look those eyes would give away exactly what she was thinking at the moment. Exactly what she was feeling.