"Missing More"

Title: Missing More
Characters: Ericson Kids
Summary: When Clementine and the Ericson crew drive to Clementine's childhood home, they get to relive her last few moments with Lee again from a found video recording. Takes place after episode 1.
Author's Note: Okay so the premise of this is going to be a little wonky to give this plot an opportunity to happen so let's pretend that the Stranger wasn't killed and continued to stalk Clementine after she left with Lee okay bye enjoy. Sequel to "I Miss Lee" from part 1 of this collection.
Requested By: Anonymous
support me on ko-fi!
user: justajournalist
---------♥️♥️♥️----------
For years, every time her birthday rolled around, Clementine asked for the same thing: "Just once, I want to go back to my childhood home and get some closure."

Little did she know that, since she first started making that wish, the crew had been working on exactly that.

In one of the back garages, Marlon had found a busted old van. It only had a sliver of gas in it, and was in rough shape, and the following years were spent scavenging for gas, and attempting to get the van working again.

As Clementine's 19th birthday lingered on the horizon, they'd done it: Mitch had replaced the final busted part of the van, and the crew had managed to fill and find a total of 8 gasoline tanks.

"How many do you think we'd need for a road trip?" Violet had asked.

Marlon had only shrugged. "We might as well be safe and take all 8." They had no idea how cars worked — hell, only a few of them even knew how to drive — but they were going to try their best regardless. For Clementine.

And she sobbed when the plan had been revealed to her.

The first half of the drive was filled with excited chatter and blissful conversation. To keep watch over the school, Omar, Aasim, Brody, and Ruby decided to stay back at the school. Marlon, Louis, Violet, Clementine, AJ, Mitch, Willy, and Tenn were the group that hit up the van.

"We'll be back in a few days." Marlon said, already having worked out himself how long the drive would be. "Keep hold of the fort until then."

Everyone nodded, hugging and wishing each other well, before venturing off.

Then, the fun began.

"Pass me the crackers."

"You've already eaten like half the bag."

Willy scoffed, snagging the bag out of Mitch's hands and shoving another scoop into his mouth. "How long until we get there?"

Marlon adjusted the rear-view window, casting a harsh glare the child's way. "Still a few more hours."

"Ugh. We've been driving all day."

"That's why it's called a roadtrip, Willy." Louis said, smirking into the back. "We need to travel a distance to get there."

"What Louis means," Violet said through a sigh, "is shut up, Willy." Her head leaned against the back of her seat, eyes closed, body tense.

Clementine, sitting in the passenger seat, smirked into the open, empty highway. It was familiar to her in the strangest way. She's never driven the highway before today, but it felt warm somehow. Familiar. As though it was a shadow of the life that used to dwell there; along the sides of the road and off into the distance.

By the time they actually hit the city, the feeling of warm nostalgia took a dark, quick turn. The abandoned homes, eerie streets, and haunting a sense of life made Clementine's skin crawl.