Prologue (Fluff) part 1

Now... Just imagine they're in a normal academy and they won't be killed for vibing
Part 1 out of 2 in this AU ^^

"Taka!" A familiar voice stung the ears of the sleeping hall monitor. His red eyes shot open from his drift and he was toppled onto his feet by his own instinct. His posture was straight and affirmative even in his stripped pajamas as he strode to the door of his dorm room. He opened the door quietly, his glance shifting to his alarm clock. The time was 3:46 AM. He peaked his head out the door to see Mondo, who stood outside the door, his figure stressed and strained.
    "Mondo! Good morning!" Ishimaru said aloud, opening the door wider for his friend. What he didn't expect was the powerful hand over his mouth, forcing him to stumble back slightly. Mondo held his other hand on the small of Ishimaru's back, slowly closing the bedroom door.
    "You gotta be more quiet, Taka. At least when the door is open." Mondo whispered and removed his hand from over Ishimaru's mouth. He looked down at the ruby eyed boy, who seemed to have another thing about him. He looked obedient and submissive. Maybe he was just tired. Mondo blinked away his thoughts and didn't realize where his hand was resting.
Ishimaru was just surprised to see his friend so late. He looked up for explanation, his eyes seemed to twinkle in the dark.
    "I came because I had a couple questions." Mondo said simply. It looked like he hadn't settled for bed yet, seeming he was still in his coat and jeans.
Ishimaru blinked and smiled up at Mondo.
    "Anything for you, my friend. Follow me." Ishimaru said softly and walked back to his bed, signalling for Mondo to follow him. Ishimaru climbed back into his bed and wrapped himself in his blanket, looking at Mondo.
    "Ask what you'd like. Excuse me, though. I am still quite tired, but I will listen to these questions and give you the answers I can." Ishimaru explained, his eyes drooping. Mondo stared down at the small, raven haired boy.
    "Eh-yeah. Right." Mondo cleared his throat and looked at Ishimaru with something of affection. He took a seat on the edge of Ishimaru's comfy bed, his posture slacking.
    "Taka, you know.. we got super close in the sauna." Mondo led and rested a hand on the back of his own neck nervously. The sauna was days ago.
    "I.. I dunno. Now I got this weird, fluttery feeling." Mondo scoffed and looked at the door, wondering if it'd be wrong to make a break for it.
    "What are you trying to tell me, Mondo?" Ishimaru asked, the tone in his voice indicated he was quite interested.
Mondo huffed and turned to Ishimaru. His heart rose with his breath as he gazed at his ruby eyed friend, wrapped sleepily in his blankets with curious eyes gazing out. 
   "Ishimaru.. I.." Mondo's voice got caught in his throat.
    "I think I might have.. I dunno.. caught feelings for you.." Mondo uttered out and his eyes widened as he realized what he'd said. What if he ruined this friendship. He couldn't fathom that. He came out of his daze and his gaze was enveloped in Ishimaru's shy smile. That smile lit a fire in his heart.
    "You mean you have romantic interest in me?" Ishimaru asked again as if to check and make sure he didn't misunderstand the things he had heard. Mondo smiled to himself. He knew how bad Ishimaru wanted to understand. He nodded and let his arm drop from the back of his neck. Ishimaru smiled bigger and tucked into his blanket.
    "To be completely honest, I have had these affections in mind as well, but bringing them to you was only a fantasy. " Ishimaru uttered and looked at Mondo, his heart pounding. The two sat shyly, both faces burning red with excitement and joy and perhaps relief. They laughed for a moment, all worry away as Mondo laid his back against Ishimaru's bed, letting out a sigh of relief. Ishimaru got on his knees and looked down into Mondo's eyes.
      "Have I answered you're questions to fulfilment?" Ishimaru smiled and earned a grin from Mondo.
    "Not quite yet." Mondo said and sat up slightly, his face inches away from Ishimaru's.
     "Would you like to go on a date tomorrow night?"
Ishimaru's face lit up in a blaze and he nodded, though his hands covered his face.
"I'd love that."