☻ - PROLOGUE.

"it's too crowded, though!!" one of y/n's best friends whined cutely, subconsciously catching the unnecessary attention of a few people surrounding them.

"maybe you guys can do your tiktok dance, or whatever, after we're done shopping?" the mature voice of her other friend spoke smoothly. thought, it might've came out as bossy, her voice sounded nothing less than reassuring. "or is that too hard for you guys to do?" the young woman challenged her two friends determinedly. what she said concluded of the three girls pacing all around the mall, entering stores nearly shoulder-to shoulder.

that day was said to be special. special meaning that there weren't any classes for school. it was rare for that to happen at a higher rated school like the school the girl's attended. so having that happen, they decided to go to mall for light shopping! it's actually been awhile since they all decided to go to mall, so they might as well.

alisa haiba was the one talking earlier about it being too crowded for her comfort at the small part of the mall they were in. despite all this, her other two friends were sure she could push her way through any crowd thanks to her tall height. it was really impressive actually– how some boys would try to flirt with her whilst not paying attention to her height until she would stands up. the guy would be fooled by her silky blonde hair and the lashes adorning her turquoise orbs. but she could probably stomp on the poor guy if we're being honest.

     also! accompanying her height, she seems to appear as simple-minded...in situations like these, at least. at school, she's very above average in academics. it's like she has two personalities!

     momo was also smart girl for her age. being born from a rich household, she was taught manners of those of a 'proper lady'. and she also was blessed with a beautiful complexion. she was often sporting a spiky, raven ponytail (she'd much rather like to keep it down though). but though, you can say she rebelled at her pubescent years when she started to having a clearer view in life overall. afterwards, her manners were still intact, so were her quick learning  abilities, but with more spunk.

"so n/n! you know the dance where it goes like..." alisa started her statement and ended it off with a few dramatic and generic dance moves with her hands that happened to be created on the said video app. y/n blinked at her while alisa still continued on making absurd gestures. she might've looked kind of goofy from afar, but trust me. this would be considered a normal occurrence. y/n thought for moment before it clicked for her.

"is that the renegade dance?!" it was too late for y/n to realize she said that way too loud. she'd seen that dance all over her feed on the tiktok app and earlier, she even tried to memorize it but too many things kept popping into her mind at the same time. therefore, she forgot it in a heartbeat, but it clicked just as alisa brought it up.

momo in the other hand- wooh. y/n figured she might as well get murdered at the hands of her mature friend. yaomomo held on to the nape of y/n's neck while eyeing passerby's apologetically. momo sweat-dropped at their judging expressions. she tried to shrug it away with a nervous laugh.

"yes!" alisa, with equal amount of energy, exclaimed, now staring straight in y/n's eyes. alisa's eyes softened. "shall we do the renegade dance?"

"surely, girlie!"

"you do realize how loud you guys are being?" momo warned the two girls, now rubbing her ears in irritation "my ears are starting to hurt."

alisa muttered the words of the song, while dancing frantically trying to keep up with the music. the song played continuously and it began to slowly eat away at momo's patience.

they were now in a resting place between the stores. their shopping bags neatly hung along the floor of the resting area. momo was sat on the minimalistic couch.

"ready y/n?" alisa asked the girl who was a few feet away from her.

"n-" before y/n could answer, she was cut off by the countdown that appeared on her screen that alisa initiated. she panicked but let the music play out, trying her hardest to recreate that one girl's moves from earlier. (charli damelio's tiktok 😔)

y/n paused midway, recollecting her thoughts. but completely unbeknownst to her that two tall strangers were throwing peace signs in the background.

they might not have been that close to the girls but due to the colours they were wearing, you could see them from a mile away. toothy grins overtook the strangers' features. one had monochrome hair that spiked up like an owl's did. he was quite the eye-catcher, yes, but the other one had massive bedhead and one part of his hair would fall on his right eye. plus he was tall.

in the short amount of time y/n saw them through her phone camera. she whirled her head back, seeing if she could hopefully still catch a glimpse of one of them. and she did. the black-haired one with catlike eyes had his head resting on his shoulders while running forward. he was looking at y/n. he winked and threw her a peace sign with a grin. with that, he disappeared in a crowd.

     'woahhh, he was so handsome.' y/n drawled in her head. 'what?! oh GEEZ, y/n. not again, you hornbag!! no! just no! look he already left.'

"did you see that?" l/n questioned alisa.

"see what?"

"those boys that were in the background?"

"uhhh what boys?"

y/n scrambled to her phone, the tiktok now replaying and she pointed it out. in the video, they were very noticeable.

"oh! i noticed them. i just thought they were huge ass babies." alisa said the last part sarcastically. "why is it important?"

y/n watched the video loop over and over, just to see that distinct face again. she was standing there for a good five minutes, not even noticing the glowing red on her cheeks.

"he's cute..." she finally said. alisa was about to give her a suggestive look over her phone but then realized she wasn't even looking at her screen anymore. she was looking the way those two males went again. dense enough to think they were still there apparently. even though she just saw them disappear.

"ohh, y/n. looks like you've finally got your first crush!... that ran away.. hehehe." alisa tried to say jokingly.

"did you really just forget about my anime boys?" y/n was knocked off from her trance for second, giving one of her best friends a resting face.

"oh, well. first crush... that's REAL, yes." alisa nodded with at her own claim.

"are you guys done?" momo lowered her sunglasses, eyeing the two suspiciously in a less tinted view.

"yeah, y/n's just drooling. no big deal." alisa chuckled jokingly, causing her to get a hand to the head by an irritated y/n.

this story seems like a fuking joke lol
wash ur hands ily