Chapter 2: VS Gym Leader Y/N

Y/N smiled at the fans who surrounded the arena, getting excited to see their idol getting ready for a battle right in front of them.

Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie stood on the sidelines with the excited fans. "Wow! Y/N sure has a lot of fans!" Serena commented, looking around at the fans. "I hope to be this admired one day."

Y/N's Rotom Phone was soaring above the arena, searching around to get the best angles of the battle to send to her brother.

Bonnie smiled down at Y/N's Ponyta, who was standing next to her—as Y/N doesn't necessarily allow her to battle. "Do you like the popularity your trainer gets?" She asked the Pokémon.

Ponyta let out a happy cry as its furry mane glowed up and released a small, weak aura. Bonnie gasped as she pet the Psychic-type. "You're amazing!"

Serena watched the exchange in envy. Why didn't Ponyta like her? She hasn't even known it for 30 minutes!

"Alright Ash." Y/N started. "If there's anything you should know about me, it's that I specialize in—"

"DOUBLE BATTLES!" The fans shouted as Y/N chuckled a bit.

"—double battles. So, to keep things short, we'll have a 2 on 2 double battle! Sound good?"

"Yep! Sounds good! Right Pikachu?" Ash asked his partner who responded with "Pika!"

"Y/N! Send out Pachirisu please!"

"No! Send out Sandaconda!"

"Send out Darmanitan!"

"No! We wanna see Dracozolt!"

"No we don't! We wanna see Lucario!"

Y/N's fans bickered amongst themselves as to which one of Y/N's Pokémon she should send out.

Y/N smiled to herself as she bounced from foot to foot, shaking out all her nerves. A tactic she learned from Galar's Champion—who is also her friend (and brother's rival)—Leon. Even if she was a Gym Leader, she still got nervous when she battled due to her past.

Y/N closed her eyes and reached for two of her Pokémon—all of whom are contained in Fast Balls—and slowly opened her E/C eyes and nodded.

"I'm not going to cry." She told herself and she threw the Fast Balls onto the field. "Go Pachirisu and Dracozolt!"

Her fans cheered even louder. "Go! Pa-chi! Go! Pa-chi!" Half of them cheered, while the other half cheered "Go! Dra-co-zolt! Go! Dra-co-zolt!"

Pachirisu puffed out its chest, while Dracozolt nodded along to the cheering.

"I know Pachirisu is an Electric type!" Clemont said, over the cheering. "But I wonder what type Dracozolt is. It looks like an Electric type as well, so it would be smart of Y/N to send both of them out for synergy!"

(Well, Clemont if you were smart and pieced together that Dracozolt's name is literally dragon and bolt I—)

Serena pointed her Pokédex at Dracozolt. "Pokémon not recognized." It said.

"Just as I expected."

Ash looked at Y/N's Pokémon carefully. "Alright, buddy." He said to Pikachu. "I think you're gonna sit this one out. I think I have a plan."

Ash took out two Poké Balls. "Go! Noivern! Goodra!"

Y/N's fans briefly stopped their cheering and stared blankly at Ash's Pokémon, making Ash sweat drop. They quickly went back to cheering for Y/N.

"Crush him!"

"Make him eat dust!"

"Go! Y/N!"