Chapter one : back story

"which girl do you like Rose?"

********

March, 2015

I had come back from school, we'd had a exam that day, I was going to be promoted to the 7th grade after this summer, I couldn't believe it! Life was good, I loved my best friends, wardana being my bestest friend. We were a group, six girls who were called "The Bingo Club" because we always played bingo in class, Eveyone knew us as the bingo club.

As usual I ate, got on my tab, watched TV etc, it was a normal day, I was going to studying later for my next paper on Monday.

Dad and mum came back from the office earlier then usual, they ate then dad called me to him, I hadn't talked to him in ages, he would always leave before me and brothers went to school and he would come when we went to sleep, he worked hard, but that meant we didn't spend as much as time as we used too. My dad was my universe, I know it seems strange but he was my favorite person on the planet, I loved him more then anyone, he and me were always close. We even shared the same birthday, he was EXACTLY 30 years older then me. I loved the fact that we shared a birthday. The thing is this was a mutual thing, whenever we had guests he would tell them that I was his favorite child and how I was his whole universe. I was always sensitive about my dad, even though he had a darker side to him. He was beaten alot by my grandfather when he was young, he had a sad and terrible past. His and mum's love story is something out of a Romeo and Juliet retelling I SWEAR!

So dad had a violent side to him, but in our country it was pretty normal that your parents disciplined you by hitting you, when my dad was young it was even more common. So sometimes if we really messed up, he would slap us or something nothing too bad unless he was in a mad mood and we did something really stupid and dumb then all hell would break loose. Once I was 7, I had wanted to go with my uncle and Aunt to wherever they were going, we were in dubai at the time, he got tired of telling me calmly that I couldn't go so he grabbed me and took me straight to the master bedroom, my mum and uncle ran after us because they knew what was about to happen, but my dad was fast and he locked the door, and then I was the main focus of his rage, all I remember is that I was telling him to stop because I had to pee! Can you believe that? In the middle of one of the worst beatings of my life all I cared about was how I had to pee? Sometimes even I don't understand myself, but obviously dad was in a rage and didn't stop and I ended up peeing all over him and his plus king sized bed, I say it serves him right.

Well after that he held me in his arms and laid me back in my bed on my bed (I was still covered in my own pee by the way) my mum was there instantly and calmed a crying, shivering, bruised 7 year old rose. I had evil looking blue bruises on me for a week, I couldn't go to school with them because we couldn't ruin my dad's pristine image. The ones on my face went away in a week but the ones on my body didn't for a few weeks but no one could see those and so I was allowed to go to school. The worst fights were the one with my mum. I don't even want to remember them.

Even through all this I just loved him beyond words, he was dad. He was always loving and caring towards me. If I ever asked for something no matter how expensive, he would get it for me, I had dolls upon dolls. we used to live in Dubai, we lived in a mansion, 80k dollars a month for it. But then we had to home back to our home county when most of my family in Dubai lost a lot of their money because of some market crash or something. My family and my uncle's were the first to come back to our place of birth. Dad stayed behind because of his job, it payed well and he couldn't leave because of his contract to the company.

It was hard being back to my home country after I'd lived most of my life aboard but I was only 9 so I thought I could manage. One of the hardest things was the language, I could speak it but I had never learned to write or read it.

School at first was difficult but I never had trouble making friends so it got better as I made two best friends in 3rd grade.

The years went by and I was already 12 in November of 2014, we had a huge Birthday party! As I said life was good.

"Rose, come here I need to talk to you". - Dad

######

(Author Note)

Heyyyyy, this is a little back story on Rose's relationship with her dad, If you want to find out what her means when he askes her "which girl do you like rose" STAY TUNED! (It's a shocking question nnn) oh PFFFFF I forgot to introduce MYSELF! I'm Zarnab, nice to meet you!

I do have to put a disclaimer, this story will cover a lot of sensitive topics such as, suicide attempts, bipolar, violence, curse words, self harm. So if any of these are triggering to you I recommend to read my easy going poem "The Lovers Among The Stars" (shameless plung 😂) but if you are okay with all the topics then stay tuned for more!

**This is fiction (some of it anyway) (;