〔 red 〕!!TAKEN!!

Sure, when I was laying down in the back of the pickup truck my brother owned, I hadn't though much about life. Taking everything for granted wasn't my new thing, but I hadn't really cared after getting into high school. Stress was taking control since day one, and I was just to busy trying to enjoy life. Constant reports and papers, having to bury my head in piles of unfinished, useless work. What was the use of it all? Nothing.

I wish I could've just shot myself, because next thing I know, my brother was testing some pickup lines on me. He always used me as his little lab rat, and truthfully, he was horrible. Mentioning things like "naked mole rats" and "turtle fairies" in every other sentence. What the hell is a "turtle fairy," anyway?

"Hey, babe, you sure seem dull. How about a little edge off me on you and-"

"No. That's just stupid." I sighed deeply.
Sure, I loved my brother as much as a sister could, but he was just so stupid, I mean come on! I pitied him in a sense, the fact that he tried so hard to get a girlfriend but never got anywhere close to the bullseye. I brought him to all the things I could think of to try to get him someone he could love without breaking his heart, no bars or teenage parties were allowed. I was always ready to give up hope, but he was always charging forward towards the next meet up. This enthusiasm he had fueled me, but it was drying up over time. But I couldn't leave him searching on his own, that would just be cold hearted. I couldn't leave him alone, I had to stay strong. Finding him the perfect girl would mean I'd be closer to finding the perfect guy, right?

Hah. Wash that down the drain. I don't appeal to any guy. Even my own brother says so, and he's supposed to be supportive. Not that I've even tried to appeal to anybody, anyway. I don't wear makeup at all, don't shave too often unless it starts bugging me, and I don't have the best manners in the world. I've grown up with a boy, so might as well act as one, right? My clothes are a bit baggy, always wearing my hoodies with nothing under them, and walking more casually than needed. Sure, I've wanted to socialize with girls and have actual "girlfriends" but I never felt the need to. I always had as much fun with them as I did chilling with the guys, playing a fps, or just doing dumb things in general. And then again, I would have the occasional girly emotional breakdown, showing my feminine side, but nothing more. Was I a player for the other team or just sexually frustrated?
Hah. No way I was gay. I got over that crap during middle school after my mom almost killed me for asking if it was okay, then reciting the whole bible to me. "Men don't love other men, women don't love other women, blah blah." I didn't care. It's not like I'm a fucking rabbit in heat.

I hadn't realized that I had lost myself in my thoughts until I fell backwards as my brother opened the backseat door. I was so comfortable, and there it goes.
"Fuck you." I muttered.
"Love ya too, sis!"
"Shut up!"

Where were we again? Ah yes, where I'm at right now. Welcome to the almighty majestic fuck-fest known as Hampton Pier. AKA teenage parties for civilized people. I had come here once before with my parents, but some jerk had spiked the punch and got everyone drunk as hell, causing the visiting to drop insanely. We had scheduled a meet up with a few people, just too see if anyone was interested in my brother. They were mostly girls of course, some guys, but we were mainly here for him. But I didn't expect for none of the guys to show up.

They were all literally falling on him, bombarding him with personal questions, all flirty and playful, but one of them wasn't doing anything at all. She seemed isolated, like she didn't want to be here. It made me want to learn more about her, discover her secrets. Her eyes were averted, but not covered fully. They were a pretty blue, not to gray, but not too dark. Her skin was fair, a bit pale in the lighting, but nice. Her blonde hair was a bit messy and tangled, squeezed by a beanie cap. She was truly adorable. But not for my brother. But I could tell he was only paying his attention towards her. Only her. Mumbling "yeah" to answer the other's questions.

Dammit.