Chapter 1

Rain

An agonizing beeping noise filled my foggy, dream-deprived brain. My eyelids struggled open, weighed down by the sandman's present of last night's deep sleep. Fuck a duck, there is no way it's six am already. I rolled over slamming a fist on the obnoxious ass alarm clock sitting on my nightstand.

Fuck, I chided myself, Rain, no more preforming on Sunday nights. No matter what sexy looking Dom asks for your submission.

Dragging myself out of bed, I basically crawled to my en suite. Not even bothering to look into the mirror, I stepped into the shower thanking myself for purchasing the waterfall shower head. Every part of my body hurt and I most definitely am kicking myself in the ass for not taking a shower last night. I could already feel the bruising and the scabs on my back from the whip Sir Jaxon had favored last night.

My whole body shivered and clamped up remembering the bite of his whip. Looking down at my wrists I cursed, realizing that long sleeves and bracelets were going to be a must today. Most of the time, I try not to be tied up with rope because of the marks they leave behind. I just couldn't resist Jaxon's gleaming green eyes.

Cold water snapped me out of my day dreaming. I shut the water off and went to my vanity to prepare my transformation into Lorain Demasky, the lawyer all of Seattle wanted to defend them. At a ninety-eight percent success rate, there were very few who could command a courtroom like I could.

I started with my long red locks; combing them, then braiding them into a crown. It was the same thing every morning, so that I could put on the short platinum blonde wig I had custom ordered. It was a style expected for someone of my age and social status. Doing my makeup for work was weird. Instead of doing something dark and moody with a bold lipstick, I tamed it down to all nudes and neutral.

Satisfied that I was looking the part of a mid-twenties lawyer, I moved to my closet to grab grey dress pants, a green blouse, and my grey blazer. My outfits were never revealing, to make sure nothing of my night life would ever show. With my smart watch on my left wrist and gold bracelets on my right, I was ready to take on the day and whatever cases landed on my desk.

Grabbing my purse, briefcase, and a nude pair of heels, I walked to the elevator while calling my driver. I only liked to drive myself on personal occasions so that no one knew my personal car and paparazzi couldn't get to me.

Devon, my driver, was talking to Mr. Mallard, the doorman, when I exited the elevator. Both of the men were in their late thirties, but unlike the doorman, Deven had special ops training so that he was more than just a driver. He was hired muscle meant to protect me from the crazy people that harassed me to take their cases.

The more important part of his job, though, was to do background checks on doms that propositioned me. To make sure they didn't take anything past my limits and listened when safe words are used.

"Good morning Lorain. Get enough sleep last night?" amusement flickered in his brown eyes. All I could muster was a pointed glare that earned a chuckle and a smile. Deven knew exactly where I was last night, he was there in the crowd doing his job.

"Come on Deven. I have an appointment at 9:30 and way too much paperwork to get done in an hour."

We get into the car; me in the passenger seat because I'm not a pompous asshole, and headed to work. Seattle always seemed so daunting when I wasn't in control of the steering wheel. Yeah, I have control issues, but that's only in day to day life under the public eye.

I know what ya'll are thinking. I have a brown eyed god sitting next to me who obviously wants to protect me. So why are you going out and letting a different dom have you every night? Well here's the thing about Deven. He may be brushing six feet tall and built like a tank, but this brown haired, chiseled jaw veteran doesn't know the appeal of having a woman completely submit to him.