31 Legislation

“C’mon he’s your husband! Can’t you get him to listen to you?”

        It has been two days since Claire’s surgery and her wound has quickly healed but the doctor has ordered her to stay for another two days, and she was getting rather tired of being bed ridden for nothing.

        “Sorry Claire, orders are orders.”

        Elizabeth sat on the edge of the bed and waved her hand. She and Abby came to visit and check up on Claire. They found her stewing in bed, wanting to run away.

        Abby could only laugh at the theatrics sitting by the window as she turned to Claire, “Where’s Tess and Malvina?”

        Claire shrugged her shoulder, “They came by before you guys. Tess still felt responsible no matter how many times I tried to thank her for saving my life.”

        Elizabeth leaned on her arm on the bed, “She just feels she should have done more despite the fact that if she wasn’t there you wouldn’t have made it.”

        Abby grabbed Claire’s hand, “Don’t ever scare us like that either.”

        Claire laughed, “I won’t I promise.”

        They shared light conversation when Raven walked in, looking at each of them, “What’s going on here?”

        The women giggled as Claire saw the take out in his hand. She drooled as she reached up and grabbed the bag from him and brought it to her, “You’re a godsend Raven.”

        He laughed as he sat by her bed, watching the women huddle over the bag, “If I had known there was gonna be a party I would of bought more.”

        “You’re not eating?” Claire asked as she pulled out the Chinese.

        Raven sat back as the women passed out the food, sharing among them, “No, the twins ordered some at the office and I ate there as I finished the report for our case.”

        Claire raised her eyebrows, “Oh so you were able to solve it?”

        “More or less, but we solved it. John was trying to find some way to seal Sam’s magic and when he met Emily he used her as a genie pig but something went wrong. Their father, Bud Wilkson, was taking money from the Puritans as payment for raising Sam and hiding him from the Guild’s eyes.”

        The four of them chatted some more as the women ate. Done with her food, Elizabeth went out in search of her husband for some quality time. Abby, Claire and Raven were chatting when there was a knock at the door and two suits walked in without waiting for an answer.

        The male partner flashed his IA badge as he partner studied everyone, “Detectives Claire Dunsworth and Raven Black?”

        Claire and Raven glanced at each other as he stood, “Yes. Can we help you?”

        The man stuffed his badge back into his coat, “I’m IA Detective Mike Matherson. This is my partner IA Detective Susan Pots. May we have a word with you?”

        Claire looked at them both as Raven slowly shook their hands, “What’s this about? Why is the IA questioning us?”

        The detectives glanced at Abby and Detective Pots cleared her throat, “Perhaps we can speak in private with you two?”

        Abby stood as she spoke to them, “I’m Abigail Schnauzer. Claire’s Handler and lawyer. Whatever you have to say to my client you can say in front of me.”