new horizons is out and im hyped but im also broke and cant afford it :(

Ok, I know this isn't true, but isn't that what fan fiction is all about?

Josh feels like he's known Carson forever. They are best friends, after all.

The way Carson play teases him when he loses at a game and the way they play off each other's jokes seems so familiar. Like they've been doing it their whole lives.

In reality, they've only known each other for a couple years, and have never met in person. This struck Josh as odd, because even the viewers admired how close their friendship was.

They were in a discord call, nothing unusual as to a normal day. Josh was rambling on about whatever and Carson was wheezing, absolutely loosing his shit. In reality, Josh was shaking. He didn't really know why, Carson was his best friend. All he was asking was if he could come visit, he was sure the other boy would be ecstatic.

Josh looked down at his hands. They were shaking. "Hey Carson?" Josh asked, voice shaking. "Do you think I could get a plane ticket and come visit you?"

The call went dead silent, which almost never happens. It was an uncomfortable silence too, the one that made Josh fidgety.

He panicked and tried to cover it up. "I-I mean only if you wanted to I don't have to come over it's fine. It was a dumb idea anyways," he said frantically.

"Josh," Carson whisper-laughed in an attempt to sound reassuring. "That would be amazing."

Afterwards the call was much more lighthearted. They both raved on about what they would finally do when they met each other and how excited the two boys were. Finally, it was the big day.

"But what if he doesn't like me!" Josh raved on over the phone as he was walking through the airport. He was talking with his good friend Charlie, who was trying to console his friend.

"Josh, I've never seen two people more close than you are that aren't dating. You'll be fine, dude!" he said as Josh sat down at the turbinal.(I think that's what it's called. It's the place where you wait to get on your flight.)

"Yeah, but what if he doesn't?" Josh asked, panicky. Charlie sighed into the phone. "Just wing it, dude. I'm sure nothing will go wrong, but if it does, I'm a call away."

Josh smiled. "Thanks Charlie, I-I really needed that." Josh hung up the phone and waited in his seat. Of course, the nerves were still there. A million thoughts were rushing through his head, but he felt a bit more relaxed. This'll be fine.

The plane ride was largely uneventful. He was sat next to a mother and her baby, who would not stop crying. That didn't add any positives to the situation.

Finally, the plane landed, and it felt like Josh's heart was beating out of his chest. His palms were sweaty, as gross as that sounds, and he was fidgeting like crazy.

The process of collecting the bags was a blur, all he could focus on was how nervous he was. As he finally walked out of the bag collection, he saw him.

In the middle of the room(i forget how airports work), there he was. He was towering over everyone, the menace, and was looking around for him. Finally, they locked eyes.

"Josh!" Carson practically shouted. He started barrelkng towards me, which was quite frankly a terrifying sight, "Carson!" I laughed.

He ran into a hug, and I felt all my anxiety dissapear. Why would I be nervous about meeting him? He's my best friend. I laugh. I might have also started crying, but who cares?

"I'm so happy to finally see you!"