They're Here....

07.00 Pack-house of the Alpha King of the Weres

'Alpha Markus.' Markus raised his eyes from the documents he was reviewing to see his Beta's strained face looking back from the door of his office.

'It's time.' Markus cocked his head at his closest friend since childhood, 'You're very tense, Luca. It's too late to have doubts about the exposure of our kind now. It's done and for the best.'

Luca expelled his breath in a rush, 'I get that. With portable DNA and blood testing, we were just one test away from exposure anyway. Best to get ahead of the shit show.' Luca rubbed the back of his neck,

'It's the fucking politics. We are attending our first UN/NATO meeting today and yet we've been drowning in 'policies and practices' that absolutely contradict our customs and the traditions which under pin our cultures... How is this going to work in reality? Are the human governments expecting us to simply conform to their every expectation? Because we both know that will never happen.'

Markus nodded, 'We always knew the process of disclosing our existence to the humans would be delicate to manage. That's why myself and the second and third of the SC have already been through the details thoroughly,' he shook the documents in his hands, 'and we've sent in a revised recommendation with input from all the heads of the rest of the super natural species. For the first time in our histories, all the supernatural heads agreed on the revision... You, of all of us, understand how momentous it is that we agreed unanimously on something as a Supernatural Coalition.'

Luca nodded his head, being a hybrid - werewolf and Fire Fey, he did know how equality let alone agreement between the species had been hard fought for... and painful to the individuals like himself that had been discriminated against as 'impure'. 'Yea. Long may it last. Let's go make history, Alpha.'

08.00 Mauna Key Observatory, Hawaii (8pm Hawaii-Aleutian Standard time prior day)

'V! There is non spatial activity moving from three of the five planets in HR8799... Fuuuckkk! It's definitely not natural phenomenon... V!!! Get the fuck over here! Now!' Dr. Kai Pali Momi knocked over his morning coffee as he spun around to look at his colleague from United Kingdom Infra-Red Telescope (UKIRT).

Dr. Venetia Castaldi was staring intently at her own screen, 'Well. There is similar activity moving away from Proxima b.' Both stated at each other with deer in the head light eyes, shocked. Despite constantly monitoring for such an event, no one ever actually expected it to happen. Just as both scrambled for their notification protocol manuals, Venetia's phone rang.

Venetia could see her best friend, Dr. Jessica Hatcher's name glaring on the screen. Jess worked with NASA in another area of the observatory. 'Is it Jess?' Kai asked with equal measures of excitement and stress in his voice. V nodded and pressed to accept the call,

'Jesus, V,' Jess' quiet voice managed to sound like a shout in the expectant room, 'There's non spatial movement coming from where the suspected black hole is in the middle of the Milky Way!'

'Ffwcio....' when under pressure Venetia would either switch to Welsh first or Italian second, her two primary languages before English, 'J... it's happening in both Proxima b and HR8799 too.'

The sound of breaking ceramic came through the phone as V had pressed the speaker phone icon to share the conversation with Kai. Then Jess growled through the phone, 'Holy. Shit. We need to engage in the communication protocols now. Note the times and update the trajectory progress every 15 minutes. You both know they'll want to know where the... whatever the fuck these things are, are headed...'

V glanced between her display and Kai's. Her voice tone changed as she asked, 'J.... on quick assessment is the trajectory toward Earth?' Cursing came over the line following a silence, 'Yea, V, I take it the prelim view for you and Kai is the same...?'