Uncomfortable Allies

It was official, the people of planet Earth just had a rude awakening and there was no time to process, plan or even react because there were three massive alien aircraft in Earth's orbit.

As they'd been warned by the female alien, Matriarch Averran Emyrt from planet Illyiuum, discussions with the four aliens representing the UWC to the united UN/NATO was more of a monologue about what Earth had to do to become a member of their universal alliance rather than a conversation of two sides.

The five newly formed allies of Earth watched the proceedings carefully but also with jaded eyes. This discussion would be the aliens' show and was more about establishing Earth as less than themselves than a real conversation between potential partners.

They were content to be under estimated though. It suited their agenda.

Earth would be required to relinquish citizenship of all contributions to either the UWC as a separate legal entity or else to the planet the contribution was assigned to. This was to prevent previous Earth citizens from returning to Earth having obtained technology far more advanced than Earth had sight of and knowledge from other planets the UWC did not feel they were ready to receive and use.

Needless to say some delegates preceded to prove the aliens' point by having tantrums regarding this stipulation. Others had been expecting such a statement, some in embarrassment and some in contemplation of what it would take to convince the aliens otherwise.

Contributions were required in initial minimum quantities of two million per Earth year for warriors, strategists, administrators and soulmates. They felt that in the scheme of 8 billion population on planet Earth, this was more than reasonable and would justify the investment of the evaluation centres that would be required to assess and allocate volunteers as required.

The aliens suggested that if Earth couldn't get sufficient volunteers, to use off worlding as a penalty for criminals as they were confident in their systems to place every resource into a position within a culture that could control that resource. Averran dryly reminded Earth delegates that the leadership of countries on Earth had used penal colonisation as punitive action previously throughout our history and so shouldn't have any compunction with employing the tactic now.

Averran had managed to alienate a number of the male and female Earth delegates during the course of talks. Her skin tone was soft light sky blue, her hair a deep colour of purple so dark it looked black unless you were close enough to see the truth. She stood, slender with slight but proportional female curves at just over six foot and was as fit as the males she accompanied. Her face was all angles; beautiful and striking but too harsh to be called pretty. Marcus thought those alienated by her simply felt intimidated by both her appearance as well as her attitude. He personally found her intriguing, his wolf pacing within him, made restless by his instinct and his human's interest in the female he knew was not his mate.

The ratio of the contributions was weighted toward warriors at 65%, soulmates at 25% and strategist and administrator ratios at the much smaller percentage of 5% each. Most of the Earth delegates scoffed at the requirement for 'soulmates' but the aliens were matter of fact.

Unions were required for repopulation and partners in unions were more likely to repopulate if the union was at maximum compatibility. They even had a system to identify a 99% match as a  minimum compatibility requirement.

It had been stated so clinically, without the slightest sentimentality or salaciousness, most of the delegates had stared, gaping like fish on land at the four aliens.

The second largest male alien, called Veyron Maal of the First House, of planet Rez was a conundrum standing at 6'8 of intimidating, powerful male dressed in battle readiness while confidently and at the same time nonchalantly running through the statistics as well as any global blue chip CEO might've when reporting to his shareholders. He had golden hair as in the actual colour of molten gold. His skin was dark like a Brazilian's might be after a summer in the sun. He was very striking in his masculinity while his facial features remained utterly impassive with flame - gold, red yellow eyes.