Prologue

A few short weeks ago, on the Isle of Berk, a fascinating shift in behaviour occurred.

In the village of Berk lived a Chieftain's son named Hiccup, who shot down a dragon, in hopes of being accepted into his tribe as a warrior.

Things didn't go as planned, and instead of killing the dragon, he befriended it.

Keeping it a secret from his father, tribe, and even best friend, Hiccup trained the dragon, and flew on its back.

He couldn't keep it a secret forever though, and soon enough, his best friend, a younger girl named Edge, discovered his friendship with he dragon.

She kept the secret, but the trio were soon caught by another viking girl, Astrid.

It took a lot of convincing, but she as well, kept the secret. However, only a day later, their cover was blown in front of the entire village of Berk.

Hiccup's dragon, affectionately named Toothless, was captured by the Chief, and used to find the nest of the dragons, which the tribe believed to be the root of their problems.

The vikings nearly met their deaths, had Hiccup, Edge, Astrid, and a group of their friends not intervened on dragonback, and saved them from a giant dragon, later named the Red Death.

Hiccup and Toothless were praised as heroes.

The tribe of vikings accepted the dragons into their homes on the Isle of Berk, and adopted the lifestyle of Hiccup, training dragons.

Their change in behavior was a story for the history books. Edge woke up every day since the vikings' union with the dragons, utterly ecstatic that the exhausting lifestyle of killing dragons was over.

Lukewarm summer months turned into fall rather quickly, the village busy trying to stock up on food, as well as training their new dragon friends.