Chapter 32

Marion's POV

It was just like a scene out of a movie; the mood, the feel, and even the lighting of the room fell all in place as everything suddenly went silent and all my attention was on her.

Lisa was sitting on the bed while I'm on a chair in front, her hand holding mine.

My eyes were on that beautiful smiling face and all I can hear was the beating of my own heart. In that moment, all I can think of was how much I really want to kiss her.

My body acted on its own and my body went forward, she did the same.

Our lips are just a few inches apart when I realized what I was about to do, "Wait." I said pulling away immediately which she also did the same, her reaction was as surprised as I was.

"I'm sorry... It was just... I think it's not right for us to...", "Yeah... It was... I don't know... A mistake." she replied, my body began to sweat uncontrollably.

"I'm... gonna head down." I stuttered, "O-okay... I'll change... So I can go home." she said, "So... Uhm..." I'm just mumbling with forming proper sentences so I went down quickly trying to escape the awkward situation we're in.

"Shoot! What was I doing?!" I screamed in my head, "Heat of the moment!" I was pacing inside the kitchen.

I stopped at the sink and washed my face with the cold water to cool down the burning feeling on my face and in my chest.

Lisa's POV

The words he uttered impacted me more than I thought so, my mind went blank and all I saw was his concerned eyes looking at me.

When he leaned in, my body started mirroring what he was doing.

I went inside the bathroom to cool down, I took a bath I didn't thought I needed.

"I was about to kiss him?!" I thought letting the cold water hit my body, "We were just inches apart from committing a mistake..." I said, "Or is it... A mistake?" I asked myself.

I changed back to my own clothes and headed downstairs, there was nobody in the lobby.

"M-Marion?" I called, I heard rustling noise from the kitchen. "Yeah?" he asked, "T-thanks for letting me stay here." I said but I wasn't even able to look at him until I finished my sentence, "No p-problem." he replied.

"I'll get going then." I stated, "Uhm... Let me accompany you home." he suggested and I wasn't able to say anything in reply, "I'll just take a bath. I'll be quick. Wait for me here." he ran toward upstairs, I sat down. "Why is my heart going crazy?" I held my chest.

Marion's POV

I took a quick bath and changed to new clothes and I hurried downstairs.

"Uhm... Ready to go?" I asked, she nodded.

We were walking side by side but it was very different from last night, she was not going anywhere near me.

No one was talking, all I heard was the surrounding noises and cars passing by.

Awkward was not even the best word to explain what we are right now.

It was getting very uncomfortable to the point that it was almost suffocating especially for me.

I tried changing the mood, "Uhm... Lisa..." she looked at me, "Sorry for-", "No. It's okay. Don't worry about it." she cut me off immediately.

Instead of lightening the mood, it just made it worse.

I can physically feel the awkwardness inside the cab.

It was the far worse than when I'm avoiding her back in the BlackPink house.