Friday

Drops of water ran down her forehead and into her open mouth, the girl coughing and sputtering when she woke up. Annie snuggled up next to her, using her chest for a pillow. Marley looked up for the source of the indoor rain. Another drop hit her right in the eye, the shower spout leaking as it always was. Shoving Annie off of her, Marley stood from the tub and stretched, almost hitting her head. She had never been fond of her height, always getting made fun of for it in primary school. 

She left the bathroom, carefully peering around every nook and cranny for whatever made the noise last night. Seeing nothing and hearing nothing, she grabbed her suitcase and picked out her pink skirt and white sweater to wear. Grabbing a spare hair bow from her purse, she sat down on the bed and turned the radio on, adjusting the volume so as not to wake Annie. A few morning talk shows were on, boring her to tears. Switching the channel a few times, she reached the rock station, perhaps waiting to hear any news about the concert or a song to dance to. 

"Yes, they're playing in Los Angeles tonight, and seats are limited so you'd better get in line as fast as you can if you haven't reserved a spot yet!" The announcer made it sound easy. Anyone with a brain would know people would be fighting to get in line first for a ticket to see this band. Marley was thankful Annie had managed to get theirs early. But-why hadn't she shown her the backstage passes earlier? In fact, Marley still hadn't seen them with her own eyes. Perhaps Annie had been pulling her leg. "Up next we have Stairway to Heaven by Led Zep-" 

Marley quickly turned the dial, changing the station. Nothing personal. A piano began playing, some violins joining in. Closing her eyes, Marley felt at home. Safe.

"What are you doing up so early?" Annie stood behind her in the doorway, hair sticking out in five different directions. Marley jumped, quickly turning the radio off. 

"Nothing, just hearing the forecast for the day." Annie walked to the window, watching out for any hidden rodents in the room, and spread the curtains, hissing as the sun hit her in the face.

"Fuckin' sunny, how's that?" she asked grabbing clothes from her suitcase. She noticed Marley's outfit and looked her up and down. "What, no band t-shirt?"

"I didn't think I needed to wear one."

"You don't pack band shirts to a concert if you're not gonna wear it at the concert!" Annie groaned. "You might as well wear it as pajamas or something, if the boys won't see it." Another suspicious look crossed the blonde's face. "Or..."

"Not this again," Marley mumbled behind her hand.

"You want them to see the shirt...as pajamas? Hmm?" Annie put her hands on her hips as a lock of hair fell in her face. Pushing it away with a huff, she grabbed her own band shirt and jeans, and made for the bathroom to change. "Let's get a real breakfast this time!" she yelled closing the door after her.

"As you wish, your highness!" Marley yelled back. Marley looked down at her own outfit, thinking she looked rather nice. A band t-shirt wouldn't really stand out from the rest of the crowd attending. Then again, why should she stand out? Not only would the crowd be the ones giving her funny looks, but the band wouldn't be able to see her from the stage anyway. The lights were far too bright. Sighing, she took the outfit off as quick as she could and pulled on her own AC/DC shirt. The hair bow could stay.

Annie had left her suitcase open on the floor. Knowing how much she procrastinated waking up, Marley figured she had some time before she came out of the bathroom ready for the day. If she could just look around, maybe she could find where she kept the backstage passes. Or if it was all a joke, she wouldn't be made a fool of at the concert, and spared the broken heart.