The Concert

"How's everyone doin' tonight?" Rather than straight answers, all Bon received was an enormous applause ricocheting off the walls of the venue. He grinned at the response, walking back and forth across the length of the stage. Angus would switch places with him, plucking a few notes as he did. "Good, good, that's great to hear!"

"I wish I could see him better," Annie said standing on the tips of her feet. Marley, being as tall as she was, was able to see the band pretty well, though they were still a good distance away. "Do you think I could get on your shoulders?"

"You ate six whole slices of pizza for dinner," Marley said. "You so much as stand on my foot and we'll fall through the floor."

"Rude," Annie muttered jumping a little. "Oh, I think he's waving at us!"

"He's not even facing us!"

"Don't ruin my moment, Marl! We love you, Bon!" Marley blushed as a few faces turned her direction. While the amount of women who showed up wasn't in any way small, there were a good number of young men who also enjoyed the hard, gritty rock and roll sound. Another thing to love about AC/DC was the appeal to any division. 

Something hurled across the stadium through the air, Marley barely catching a glimpse before it fell on the stage with a thud. It didn't hit anyone, and Bon walked over to inspect it. "Somebody drop somethin'?"

Angus shouted something as well but without a microphone it was impossible to decipher. Annie looked to Marley with concern. "What happened?"

"I don't know, I couldn't see..." A group of men farther back on the other side of the stadium were shouting, their voices all mingled in one. Bon walked across the stage again and held his microphone over the crowd as if that would clear things up. Angus took it from him with Bon still holding onto it and looked in their direction.

"What the fuck are youse tryin' to do?" Letting go of the microphone, he backed up on the stage hearing another cheer come from the more polite members of the audience. 

"I'm glad I didn't buy ninth row tickets," Annie mumbled. Marley could hardly hear her. Bon walked over to the unidentified object and kicked it with his foot, setting it in place on the stage. 

"Watch your heads, mates," he said before kicking the object like a soccer ball back to the audience in the direction it came from. More cheers, a few more things flying across the stadium but none of them aimed at the band. Marley enjoyed the spectacle but began to wish she had brought a helmet. "Now now, we're not done yet, no need for a ruckus!"

Angus played a few more chords again, waiting for the signal to start. The crowd began to calm down after a minute, some of them whistling to go on. The lights above the stage changed a few colors, from blue to pink to green. As the show wore on, Marley was glad she had changed her clothes, a t-shirt being much more suitable for a stuffy stadium than a sweater. Annie elbowed Marley and grabbed her arm. "Look at that, look at that!" she yelled pointing at the stage. "Now how do you like that, he did see us this time!" It did look like Bon had spotted someone in the crowd, but the chances of it being them were astronomical. Immediately Bon's eyes were drawn to something else, and he took to speaking to the crowd again.

"This next one...this next one is one you're all familiar with, I'm sure. One you've all been waitin' for, yeah?"

Both women had recently discovered the last album produced by AC/DC, Let There Be Rock. It had become rather quickly Annie's favorite album, but Marley still preferred Powerage. It took a minute for either of them to recognize the song but when they did, Annie sent another sharp pain through Marley's arm with her elbow. "Listen, it's my favorite song!"